#1November 24th, 2007 · 11:56 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Sketch 1

This song is not in a battle

Started messing around with this ostinato I had in my head, was working for about 20 minutes before I realised I had accidently ripped off a DJ Shadow track, so much so that for a laugh I finished off in the same way as the actual track (the name of which I can't remember). For that reason I didn't bother finishing it but I thought I would stick it up anyway. Some kind of cool ideas I might play around with another time, for example the dual arp line. I thought that was pretty cool (although pretty crude) as well as the very deep distorted pad sound right at the end.

J.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 24th, 2007 · 12:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm an old fart and never 'eard of DJ Shadow, which is cool, it sounds totally original to me.

Love the song from the 1.14 mark, thought the build upto it was too long.

And what's a 'dual arp line', are  ya talkin' like 'arp as in Harp. I've got so much to learn lol

Would love to some more of your stuff geezer!!

Rated

Denis
#3November 24th, 2007 · 12:16 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Arp: Arpegiator. Its basicly a synth that breaks up a chord and makes it into an ostinato type pattern. So for example if you enter an A major chord it will create some kind of pattern using the notes A, C sharp and E.

Yeah build up was too long for sure. Glad you liked it though. More stuff is on its way. If you wanna check something out in the mean time there is a couple of tracks that I produced or played on on my myspace site: www.myspace.com/jamiemaidan

Edit: here is the track I accidentally ripped off http://youtube.com/watch?v=TLk9HP1gRy4 only the main riff, but still not worth developing.

Cheers!

J.
#4November 24th, 2007 · 06:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Simplistic. Wouldn't really call any of it crude.
Just simplistic and quite effective.
I like your little sketch pad idea.
I still have to check out the rest of your stuff to see a completer picture! 
The arp line is pretty spooky.
#5November 24th, 2007 · 06:30 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Cheers for the comments mate. For the record its supposed to be simplistic. I am going through a bit of a minimalism phase right now lol.

You will find the same thing with the other tracks.
#6November 26th, 2007 · 09:43 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Doesn't sound that much like the DJ shadow song... Organ donor is the track name you were thinking about... clip can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRS8cM4lyKY&feature=related
#7November 27th, 2007 · 03:24 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
You don't think so? Maybe I will finish it off then... we shall see.

J.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.