#1November 24th, 2007 · 09:04 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Blue
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-12

Just got Fruity Loops after getting sick of Logic crashing on me. This is something I've been working on to learn the ins and outs of the program. Its basically a moody, semi-ambient, pattern based piece, perhaps minimalist which is probably inspired by the likes of Cobblestone Jazz and DFlex* which I have been listening to alot recently.

Took me quite a while to structure it and I am not sure if I am happy with the way it develops yet. But let me know what you think. Forgive my laziness, I used quite a few presets on the likes of Styrus as I am just getting to grips with FL Studio. In future, expect more original sounds.

Also, my laptop seems to be doing something strange regarding its representation of stereo audio so if something sounds wrong in this respect please let me know. Not sure what it's playing at. Hopefully will sort it soon.

All comments welcome!

*If you dig this, check out the tracks "Waltz" and "Evif" by DFlex on Tiny Sticks (www.tinysticks.com) and the Album "23 Seconds" by Cobblestone Jazz.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 24th, 2007 · 12:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
oooh, after about 1 min I had the urge to get my electric guitar out and play some lead with some
Echo and delay!!

I'm no expert with FL and such like, but it sounds nice to me.

Nice relaxing vibe.

Keep at it, hope you find some interesting sounds to work on, but as I said I didn't have a problem
with the presets you chose.

Cool

Denis
#3November 26th, 2007 · 11:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
TO the point
D00d....  Like seriously man....  Are you kidding me?

I mean, I don't know... I mean, you used presets, so, I dunno....  I have to wonder....

You aren't happy with this?  This is AWESOME! Especially considering the fact that you are just learning FL,
 i mean, from what I understand it is way more inuitive and user-friendly than Logic.. but if your used to Logic, then FL can be a handful.. Anyway, This seriously is cool... If I could create anything HALF this cool in FL I would be happy.. I am doing some better stuff with fl using some of my old midi files I created back in the Commodore Amiga days...  I would love to know how to do THIS kind of stuff...  It seems very time consuming..

Anyway, I like it VERY much...

JimK
#4November 27th, 2007 · 03:08 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Cheers Jim, Glad you liked it! You are right fruity loops is more user friendly than logic in most ways but the layout and working environment is so different it takes some getting used to, Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase etc all work in a similar way where FL has more of an Abbleton interface.. Getting easier now.

What would you like to know? If you are interestd in anything specific I can email you the FL session file so you can take a look if you want. This was a pretty simple project, only took about an hour or so to make. So just give me a shout if your interested.

Thanks again for the props!

J.
#5November 27th, 2007 · 04:23 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ok well i am a listener and  am really apreciating this ambeint flow,I have no idea about FL...i can feel good vibes,i like this a lot, i can understand Denis wanting to get out his guitar and play along..wow....great feel...great talent..sounds amazing.....x
#6November 27th, 2007 · 04:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks pagan cradle, check out the other thread where Denis put guitar over the top, he did an ace job.

J.
#7November 28th, 2007 · 05:41 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Good stuff! Not really my thing, but it's obvious that you put allot of effort into it and it sounds Awesome!
#8December 3rd, 2007 · 05:11 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
hey spooky kinda thing..
but according to me it was too long..
i had lost interest in between somewhere..

but overall great attempt..!
#9December 24th, 2007 · 08:26 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool I am just learning FL too. This is pretty good . I like this kinda of mood music. I love the bouncy bass thing
I wished the percussion stuff was up in the mix just a tad more, but that is personal taste really. 

Not bad for FL try out. I give it a pretty good vote.
#10December 30th, 2007 · 07:32 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Very Jan Hammer and cool, sheet if you're this good as a FL novice, you must be kickass in Logic.  Kudos.  Especially like the Blade Runner Vangelis shimmy motif, ladeled the atmosphere on for me, also the phased sub-rhythm reminded me of FSOL, lots of subtle yet key intricacies working together on this one, clever in its understatement.  Lovely.  Keep 'em coming.
#11December 30th, 2007 · 04:13 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice one..  Tends to be a tad loopy, but that is easily overlooked with the patience you displayed when it comes to the structure.  Very tasteful build and breaks.  Nice choice of sounds.  Very scapish/soundtrack'ish.  Not bad at all for a first time Fl user.  Yes, very downkey stuff going on here, easy to overlook some of the nuances if not careful.  Very enjoyable if in that mood.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.