#1November 23rd, 2007 · 06:38 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
Amber Shore

This song is not in a battle

This is a colab between myself (music) an rockshore(lyrics).  I added stings to this version. Please let me now what you think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 23rd, 2007 · 10:16 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Review
Good: Nice guitar tone, well recorded. Plenty of body and tone. Good vocal performance and nice vibe; very warm and fuzzy! Piano line works very well.

Bad: I dont like the string sounds at all. That said the actual string lines are fine but whatever synth you used sounds very plasticy and artificial. Really stands out next to the natural sound of the guitars and vox. Production is a little cramped. Seems to be based largely in the mid frequency ranges and you havnt made great use of the stereo feild.. spread it out and let this track breathe more!

Good track, I like it!
#3November 24th, 2007 · 08:03 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
47 posts
Germany
The guitars get my buy-in real quick.  Vocals are good.  I'm trying to determine the distortion -- to my inexperienced ear, I guess it is a synth strings.  In my humble opinion, it distracts the clarity of the other instruments.  The melody and lyrics are good.  I think if you rework the synth more in line with the acoustic style of the song it will be an improvement.  Still and excellent effort, far exceeding anything I could produce!
#4November 24th, 2007 · 08:15 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Wow - this is great stuff.  The vocals and guitar are working really well together, but ditto on the synth sounding a little artificial.  Not that its in any way bad, but strings are one of the hardest elements to put into a song and have them sound authentic I find.  I really like what you have done with the strings though - all that needs improving is the choice of instrument (or how you have it setup).
Beautiful song.
Kobeshi
#5November 24th, 2007 · 11:37 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Rob where you been??

This is a lovely song, such a nice vibe, your vox really suit the song, the harmonys too are great.

I'm no expert on the strings, although you could perhaps try puting them through an analuge mixer.

I don't know your set up, but my strings are from a basic Yamaha Keyboard and I recently discovered I could
take out the reverb on my keyboard, then record it dry, finaly using the reverb on my workstation.

Great job

Let's here some more!!

Rated

Denis
#6November 24th, 2007 · 11:38 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: Review
JamieM wrote…
Good: Nice guitar tone, well recorded. Plenty of body and tone. Good vocal performance and nice vibe; very warm and fuzzy! Piano line works very well.

Bad: I dont like the string sounds at all. That said the actual string lines are fine but whatever synth you used sounds very plasticy and artificial. Really stands out next to the natural sound of the guitars and vox. Production is a little cramped. Seems to be based largely in the mid frequency ranges and you havnt made great use of the stereo feild.. spread it out and let this track breathe more!

Good track, I like it!

There is nothing different I have to say about the track, except that the lyrics work well on the song.
#7November 24th, 2007 · 11:43 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
gorgeous
gosh what a voice..love the guitar..wow..harmonies..wow..this is brilliant!!!amazing collab..gosh am blown away....will rate highest i can xxxxx
#8November 28th, 2007 · 04:04 AM
3 posts
United States of America
this is not my genre, but it is an excellent composition.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.