It’s in the battle 2007-12

Declaration of love to all people.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 23rd, 2007 · 03:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
47 posts
Germany
interesting
You definitely have a command over your gear.  The bell/percussion riff that carries throughout most of the tune could be toned down or varied as it tends to interfere with the rest of the piece.  I'd like to hear the other elements as well.  Not exactly the kind of music I listen to, but it is very clearly recorded.  Nice job.
#3November 24th, 2007 · 07:14 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Ooo, reviewing as I listen, Im gonna second sezWho about your command over your gear.  This is great, really well controlled stuff.  Synths sound great...loving how it swells in and out from time to time. 
Only negative is (again agreeing with sez here) that the bell/percussion part could do with being dropped back just a bit, though not that much as I think its key to the whole song.  Just is a shade too prominent at the minute..

All that said, its an excellently produced track.  I could hear it being used in one of the Jackie Chan-esque movies that are set in the streets of Hong Kong.  

High rate!
Kobeshi
#4November 24th, 2007 · 07:16 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Review
Immediately loved the blippy percussive pattern that it starts with. That big sawtoothy pad I think is very rough around the edges, sounds very "fruity loops preset" if you know what I mean. Dont take that as an insult though, I would just recommend a different more complex, tone. Very ethereal, icey cold atmosphere. Really like it.

If you have not allready done so I would really reccomend you check out the album "Untrue" by Burial as by the sound of this track, I think you would really enjoy it; its an amazing album.

I love the way the track develops. The only thing I might say is that by 3:30 ish it starts to feel pretty relentless, might want to try and find a bit more space in there with regard to the timbres and spacial organisation. Feels a little claustrophobic.

Good stuff!
#5November 24th, 2007 · 12:13 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oh it has vibes.. i feel them coming thru...mmmm i like this..you know i hear some really good sounds in there..kinda making me want to change my life in some way...have you ever heard of "sabres of paradise" you have a very like sounding to this..i feel great about this peice..wow..will rate high...xxx
#6November 28th, 2007 · 05:39 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Man, you've got some awesome stereo effects going on here! Very cool!
#7December 2nd, 2007 · 12:24 PM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
nice job...

really tangy!
#8December 11th, 2007 · 09:08 AM
17 posts
United States of America
I actually like the percussion up front...
I listen to techno / electronic music all the time, and this is somewhere in the trance genre, I believe. I like how the instrumentation goes through subtle changes over the course of the song. Whoops, spoke too soon, just hit the bridge of the song about 3 min into the song... Sweet music! The only thing I would recommend is to put the bells through a low pass filter that is set pretty high, as some of the tones were a little harsh. Other than that, this song is schweet!
#9December 12th, 2007 · 05:27 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
My technical knowledge = 0 and this isn't really my style of music but I have to agree with posts above. great vibe to the song and really well crafted.
#10December 24th, 2007 · 10:20 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like it .. I love the change at or around 2:40 , The percussive thing was getting a little old so the change was perfectly placed.   The use of effects and panning is excellent..  I love the very heavy long lower note synth pad thing going on . Very nice gets high vote.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.