Rehab (Remix)

This song is not in a battle

Help...can't....stop...producing...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 20th, 2007 · 10:02 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
I am going to highly recommend you don't get help - do NOT check yourself into production rehab.  This is some damn fine stuff...although seemingly about 60/40 or maybe more to the left again.  Maybe an issue with bandamp?
Onto the song - what a choice of tune to remix!  I would have never thought of trying this in a thousand years but it works brilliantly.  Only thing I could possibly suggest on this is maybe more of a changeup of the drums at some point - I know Dn'B is quite limiting in what you can actually do with the drums without leaving the genre, but maybe a pause or something part way through the tune to break it up a bit?
That said, its still yet another one of yours thats being added to my now quite large collection of Devo tunes.

Once again, a high rate,

Kobeshi [Still lovin that devo trademark reverse crash  ]
#3November 21st, 2007 · 05:02 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
woah, was not expecting to like this but i do! quite alot! especially what you did in 'im gonna lose my baby' bit.
all your stuff is very well done.

keep up the good work!
#4November 21st, 2007 · 05:03 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Kobeshi wrote…
Only thing I could possibly suggest on this is maybe more of a changeup of the drums at some point - I know Dn'B is quite limiting in what you can actually do with the drums without leaving the genre, but maybe a pause or something part way through the tune to break it up a bit?

agree 100% - too dense, leaves the vocals behind
Apart from that - Great stuff!! Love the vocals and the melody is very intriguing.
JIm
#5November 21st, 2007 · 07:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Kobeshi wrote…
Only thing I could possibly suggest on this is maybe more of a changeup of the drums at some point - I know Dn'B is quite limiting in what you can actually do with the drums without leaving the genre, but maybe a pause or something part way through the tune to break it up a bit?
Yes I agree, but d&b simply is what it is, as you say to leave it would leave the genre.
But would it though? I can imagine quite intricate cuts, slices and stutters of the main drum track to a point where you keep the train effect, but introduce carriages ! lol.
Your scenery on this track is excellent, just keeping up the train paradox!
I'm really taken on the journey, cheers Devo.
Really amazing samples, beautifully worked.
A really good piece of producing.
I just think it would appeal to people who are not officially into D&B if the 'd&b' weren't so..........'d&b' !!??
Know what I mean?
#6November 21st, 2007 · 11:00 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
I had commercial music production at uni talking about this 60/40 business going on, thinks it might be due to a phase effect from stereo enhancement tricky tho cause it's an illusion... if you dl it for example run the mp3 back through FL you can see the master levels for left and right are infact equal, veeery interesting... sucks having to work on my ears alone XD also imma slow it down, when i showed him at uni and listened to it back for the first time after not hearing for a while it, it was definately too fast for comfort, this versions at 180bpm...
#7November 26th, 2007 · 02:32 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah man, like where you are going with the jazzy stuff.  Nice remix here.  I have to reinforce the drum comments about variation.  I think it is definately possible to work in some change ups, fills and turn arounds without "leaving the genre".  Tasty tune!
#8November 27th, 2007 · 09:05 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Devo wrote…
I had commercial music production at uni talking about this 60/40 business going on, thinks it might be due to a phase effect from stereo enhancement tricky tho cause it's an illusion...

Waahhh...thats amazing.  I have a psuedo surround sound setup in my room here (laptop --> mixer --> two seperate stereo systems...1 on my desk and 1 in the back of my room) and ive been moving around the room listening to it now and it is doing some weird things (especially if you shut your eyes and try and lose orientation of which way you are actually facing).

Strange stuff indeed...gonna have to play around with it some more 
#9November 27th, 2007 · 05:38 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Holy shit. Very very cool man. This stuff is a cut above your other stuff I have heard.

J.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.