1 2

#1November 17th, 2007 · 01:43 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
King of Kings

This song is not in a battle

A religious hip-hop(r&b?)piece.
Thanks JimK for the intro,outro,lyrics,and vox.
I think it's freaking amazing!
Now all you need to do is sit back,turn up your speakers,and relax.

when I woke up this morning yo,I'd lost everything
All of my plans and my hopes and dreams
Laying in ruin was my material wealth
I felt so bad, I'd even lost my health
No friends or family to help me through
I was so alone, I didn't know what to do

Then the alarm clock sounded it was just a dream
I dropped to my knees and I praised the king
I've taken for granted all the things in my life
Cause so many  lives are filled with pain and strife

I thank the lord for guiding me with his light
I thank my mom for raising me right
I thank my dad for the food I was fed
And nice warm place to lay my head.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 17th, 2007 · 04:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I'm not into hip hop...but this is sounding nice....the vocals are a bit hard for me to hear..they seem in the back a bit.....

nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#3November 18th, 2007 · 12:21 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
well neither am I.
well the vocals are an easy fix.
but thanks man glad you enjoyed :]
#4November 18th, 2007 · 03:40 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well this is pretty ... interesting... a religious hip hop. It really has the feel and sound it should have, though the vocals do at some points sink away a little (flat compression could solve this) - the chorus/doubler effect of the vocals is great.

Lyrics are at that, also very good (given the genre). Only thing is, it's short, else a slightly polished version of this song may be very interesting to a larger audience. Well done!
#5November 18th, 2007 · 01:29 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
oh this is different... i think its awsome! your a hip hop fan i see.? this is very professionaly done,,..well i have a thumbs up from 3 here.. well done.. great composition...xxxxx will rate
#6November 18th, 2007 · 01:36 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Oh, so i see you're back on the hip hop Jim    I think you sound really good here, i like how the vox is mixed.  The only thing is that there are some timming issues, that i'm sure you could fix.  The drums are good also, MM.  I'm not a big fan of those strings but they do the job.  I'd love to hear a more "sampled" sound tho... more like old school hip hop... but of course that's a matter of taste.

Good job, overall.
#7November 18th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Haha this is really good, jim is too cool with this stuff! decent production vox could be higher but the vocals are recorded alright, maybe there's issues if the volume on them is raised higher?
#8November 18th, 2007 · 03:43 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Sounds great...and loud man! how did you get it so loud?nice strings.
#9November 19th, 2007 · 09:34 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
thanks you guys for the feedback :]
working on it a bit now!

but again,thank you for your support :]
Chy
#10November 19th, 2007 · 10:00 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
see what happens when my internet dies for 3 days?  MM posts a song.  fliiiiip...

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner    DSL company did some maintanance and the whole thing went down for a lot longer than planned!  jackers.

This is pretty, neat   I'm not profusely into hip-hop, but I respect this.  I'm going to have to protest aetheris' comment about not liking the strings.  heck.  i didn't think they were that bad.  I liked them.

i agree about it being longer... I'd like to have it push forward into another "movement", if you will.  But I can't say too much, as my old Actually song was only 1:46 i think.  you've got me beat, with that intro/outro added to the song!

i'm not sure what to suggest to help the things I've pointed out... I'll have to get back to you on that one.

TLS
#11November 19th, 2007 · 10:23 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
thanks TLS :]
and -whispers-hahaha your internet went away! lol jk.

well if Jim is willing I guess we could do another part.

and again thank you ^_^
#12November 21st, 2007 · 07:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Real good Guys.I think this turn out awesome!It really captured the vibe of a rap song!Honestly great job!
#13November 27th, 2007 · 08:08 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
If the beat was a little fuller and the lyrics were a little more behind, it isn't inconcievable that I'd hear this at the local hole.
#14November 27th, 2007 · 08:10 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Marino thanks!I tried and that's all I can say!(though I'm jim could say more lol..I don't even get what I said so no worries)

dark:thanks,but I would want rap to be played at any place where I would want to go so I guess no worries,eh?
#15November 27th, 2007 · 08:56 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Lovin this - bit of almost old-school hip-hop here.  Also think your use of strings works really well.  Comments on mixing have already been said.
Only change I'd make is at the end.  The needle/scratch effect you use to transition from the first part into the song at the beginning works excellently I think, but something about the last one makes it feel detached from the song.  Maybe different chords or...?  Its late so I cant crank my speakers up but i'll have another listen tomorrow and let you know.
Diggin the hip-hop tho!
Kobeshi
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.