#1November 17th, 2007 · 11:00 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
airbloon

This song is not in a battle

Its probably not very obvious at all, but this is inspired a bit by DaftPunk.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 17th, 2007 · 04:27 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
this is very cool. it actually reminds me of old computer games, but i havnt heard much daft punk.
 i like the building up and layering of cool synth sounds, and the its simplicity is strangly refreshing.

im enjoying it more every listen.

cool music

Ian
#3November 18th, 2007 · 01:56 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
hypnotising, like the 808 sounds in the background, solid sound, solid prouction, maybe like the way it blends different synths, can hear abit of daftpunk but definately a unique sound in there as well
#4November 18th, 2007 · 03:39 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
great stuff PD. maybe you could compress the bd/snaredrum a bit....and where are your vocals?
#5November 19th, 2007 · 08:41 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Can definatley see where you're coming from on the daft punk inspiration.  Really interesting sound you've achieved here.  But where' your vocals....?!

Kobeshi
#6November 19th, 2007 · 06:23 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Doll!  It's been so long, my friend.  How are you? 

oh right--- the song

personally, i suck at using synth software to create good songs, but you seem to have a talent for it.  I like your stuff a lot, even if it's out of simple admiration for what you do.  I agree, that I thought that there would be some classic PorcelainDoll vocals, but I won't make a fuss, as knowing that this is by you simply brings back the good memories of the (somewhat) early days of bandamp.  I can imagine why this lacks vocals, as I'm caught up on what you've posted about why you've been absent from us for a while... so, don't worry at all.  This is great

The only critique I have is that I after listening to several other songs (perticularly DaveUK's Time After Time cover, which was full of treble and little bass, due to performance setting) I thought that there was a lack of treble sound.  I think it's there in the mix, but ought to be brought out with a little bit of EQ tweaking to make this punchier (if such a word actually exists).  I've got this nice subwoofer that brings out that bass more than enough, but the treble isn't really there in the song for my satellite speakers to play for me

But again, good song--- I can hear the daftpunk inspiration too!  Thank you for being different than everybody else when it comes to your music.  Never quit.

TLS
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.