#1November 17th, 2007 · 05:07 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Moonstorm

This song is not in a battle

Another crack at the Ambient genre. I've got wind, rain and thunder effects by way of free new VSTs, I've got strings and brass that sound better than the strings and brass I've seen on FL, from another couple of free new VSTs. I also added some weird synths to give a bit more of a space atmosphere, although that was kind of pushed back when it came around using the orchestral instruments... This song is one giant experiment for me. I've tried out various techniques I haven't used before, the big one being that none of the music came from the fruity loops program, they were all free VSTs and sound samples. I created the rain and wind and thunder grouped on a separate "atmosphere"track, which I put into Audacity and added echoes and fading to increase the atmosphere. I then put that audio file back into FL then focused on the strings and brass, and a couple of synth sounds. I exported that and then tweaked it in audacity again. I spent 3 days trying to perfect this, and I still don't think I'm there. I've messed around with automation clips, which I learned from MAPs FL Q&A thread, that's increased my control over sound a bit further.
I think I could do more with this, but I'm unsure, as of yet. Any ideas?

Sorry for the wall  of text, it was just about how I integrated all the tips and tricks I've been taught into one track...

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 17th, 2007 · 06:42 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey man love to hear you working with multidimensional layers and stereo separation.Sounds like a very time consuming piece.I hear real good concepts . I also hear at times a lot of sound coming out, kind of making me loose the point of focus at times.Wall of sound type of thing, I would drop the levels on the atmosphere part as the lead melody moves forward.The are a few low frequencies clips and cut offs through out the song.As far as the actual musical concept I hear the idea and find the arrangement real good.Sounds like a matter of balancing the sound levels on the mix more than anything else to me.I like it though ,good job.
M.
#3November 17th, 2007 · 06:49 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Cool, thanks for the tips. Yeah, I'll probably add a layer in FL guiding the volume to control the atmosphere a bit better. I noticed a bit of the clipping, I could probably try and solve that in audacity.
I'll probably put an updated version up soon.
Cheers

WB
#4November 17th, 2007 · 04:22 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
you sure have put a lot of work into this one..and It shows...very good use of the effects...I love the sound of the rain and the bells..it does have a space atmosphere sound/feel to it....Im not one to give out pointers as Marino has by his comments...as far as what else to do and how to better arrange your song...But I sure have enjoyed listening to this...

Flyer

Will Rate
#5November 17th, 2007 · 05:00 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
youve got some real skill in song arrangement. i really like the combination of sounds, and that echoing bass drum is particuarly cool.
 the only suggestion i would make, is what Marino has already mentioned. Just to play about with the dynamics, i think a quieter section in the middle of the song might create more atmosphere.

but a really nice piece of music, something to chill out to.

Ian
#6November 18th, 2007 · 01:38 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
gosh talk about brain entrainment..does this music have any affects after youve listened to it? ..its down down awsome..has a feeling to it. like a building up of going someplace unearthly..if you know what i mean..xxhigh rates.. its got a good steady flow.well done...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 10th, 2024 · 11:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.