1 2

#1November 16th, 2007 · 01:29 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Footprints In The Snow

This song is not in a battle

COVER ! Original by Greg Lake

messed around with some configurations of dynamics and equaliser. It's just a sample for personal purposes.
Some technical comments?

Cause it's a cover I will delete it in a week or so

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 16th, 2007 · 01:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cant see much wrong with this techinically TK

Perhaps take the lower middle down a bit, it should sound a bit smoother if you do.

Reverb just right

Your performance is PRO
I wish you would upload more stuff, you are very talented

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Denis
#3November 16th, 2007 · 04:53 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Excellent. For a more pro production would change the piano sample, though I think you are aware of that. It would be nice to have that "warm" feeling of the piano. Excellent work
#4November 16th, 2007 · 04:54 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmmm
I think it sounds pretty good... very well played, and well sung...  It needs some dogs barking in it though...

JimK
#5November 16th, 2007 · 11:01 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I really like it!
But I still have this song when you sent it to me awhile back.No offense I prefer that version,but I could be just stupid!
Anywho,it's amazing.Your voice,the piano,recording.everything!
will rate(although a cover)
Chy
#6November 17th, 2007 · 06:48 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I don't know what the issue with it been a cover is.

I think the voice is exceptional!!
I think this rendition is a tribute to great a musician by another great musician.TK man your awesome amigo,I think if Greg Lake heard this he would be proud of you.I think your piano playing and general feel projection were amazing!!!
For sure a great take on this song!!!
man I'm impressed with the voice I had no clue!!!                
#7November 17th, 2007 · 04:08 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Very Beautiful...Is this you singing ?   if it is  wow...as Marino said..I had no idea also that your voice is so beautiful....and the piano is as awesome as ever...your very talented...a great Bandamper and great musician...I really like this...please don't delete this....... the recording is very good...the vocals are right in your face...up front  just as they should be...very good work..one for my playlist

Flyer

Will Rate ( I don't care if it is a cover)
#8November 18th, 2007 · 01:40 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
aaaahhhh is that you singing?  so nice..brilliant peice of work here.. so have to get it on my playlist before it dissapears...high rating..xxx cant technically advice you..just can say, dont ever stop singing and making music...x
#9November 18th, 2007 · 03:06 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this is definately a great performance, the production quality is really very good. maybe it's a little bit emphasized on the high frequencies - giving it a very good clarity, but at high volumes (I'm talking really high volumes) stinging on the ears. Why anyone would play this music so loud it would hurt the ears I do not know, but most other professionally produced music starts itching at a little louder volumes.

Ok well that didn't make sense.

Anyway it's a very good piece of work! No reason to delete it just because it's a cover...

Would love to hear your own material though, you have plenty of ideas and the equipment to make it happen. So why not?!
#10November 18th, 2007 · 03:35 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice TK...Maybe you could add some strings..for more dynamics in your track..but sounds fine for me now
#11November 21st, 2007 · 05:38 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Hats off to you, you make a Korg piano sample sound good which is more than I can do! With a voice like yours, I don't think I would make the reverb quite so prominent. You don't need it and the early reflection is a little distracting.

The performance as a whole is great. Your voice really suits this.
#12March 26th, 2008 · 06:41 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
What a wonderful performance, your vocal is excellent rich and expressive  ,and the piano great  also.
thankyou for sharing triton
regards yokoinc
#13March 27th, 2008 · 07:11 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I didn't know this song by the Great Greg Lake, but this cover is just completly beautiful.
And, TK, didn't know you had this great voice.

> Iszil
#14March 27th, 2008 · 07:14 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Came back for another visit!!!!!
Love it!!!
#15March 28th, 2008 · 10:02 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx Marino, now i notice this song too at last..

technical i'd say less reverb as Mr Eden said, and a bit warmer sound would be great, indeed the clarity almost hurts..
wonder about the suggestion from grainshifter about the strings, getting curious if that would work or would it get to sweet?
(depending of the way how you do it of course)

on performance there isn't much too say except for:

TK:  Your Good
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.