1 2
#16November 14th, 2007 · 11:24 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you lucky punk :P  Maybe I should stick to just my keyboard...

nah... i enjoy the guitar too much   No offense to you, Jorge.  Do what you do best!

.. sorry for turning this thread into a geartalk session.. haha... at least you can direct it towards your Recording On The Cheap thread in the Gear Talk forum.

Good song 
#17November 14th, 2007 · 03:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Eric Clapton
When I heard the lead kick in I immediatly thought of old 'Eric Clapton' was going to put some vox.

I live improvising myself, it's so much fun isn't it!!!

Lovely relaxing track Avi, don't change a thing, unless you can persude Eric to put some vox in it

Rated

Denis
#18November 14th, 2007 · 04:08 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Sweet avi chilled and very relaxing and mmmm contemplative .Love the guitar tone warm and clear personally agree , sometimes bass is tricky,cello maaabee but anything else would alter the flow of the impro heres a thought how about the percussion path eg bass marimba or soft deep warm drum but this stands up on its own anyway ,really enjoyed.
Early morning here 7.am ,padding around the studio with a cup of fresh coffee perfect picture and soundtrack 2 go with it.
#19November 14th, 2007 · 04:17 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Avi this was a very chill track.The mood and feel was very good.I don't really have much to criticize specially when a track is done more with feel than with technical perfection in mind.My opinion is that the final mix and eq worked great and I know you take pride on this .You have a great ear for final mixes.My only criticism and is a matter of taste is that I find the guitar sound recording a bit muffled for my taste as oppose a  more present and define sound. anyway that said this is a a very mood setting piece!
good job!
M.
#20November 14th, 2007 · 10:54 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Av..thanks for all of the suggestions...Ill check out the music friends...The money is really tight right now for me...but the prices seem very reasonable...I really need to get a pick up for my acoustic..I have been using the acoustics a lot lately for my songs instead of the keys....I also need to get a good sound card.....I have been working on mixing and trying to get more educated using the programs...thanks so much for taking the time to leave me the comment and the suggestions .. they are really appreciated...

Flyer
#21November 14th, 2007 · 11:54 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
blakhatz and Marino, thanks for the incredible compliments, thank you.

blakhatz: I neither have any other percussion (I really want a cajon, but I'm keeping my money for other stuff) nor did I want anything sequenced for this.  As Marino said, the feel and flow of the track was really important for me.  I didn't even use a metronome to record this.

Marino: I actually know what you mean about the muffled sound: for the rhythm guitar, I was kind of going for that; a tone that is really low on the attack and fills the sound scape a lot.  The lead guitar however...well, I just couldn't get tone that I wanted...it was close, but not quite there.  I kind of just ran short on time.

Flyer: you may be interested in this: http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/2770.html
I posted a detailed breakdown of how to setup a cheap recording setup.

Thanks guys!
#22November 15th, 2007 · 12:03 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmmm
I find this very COOL...  Very chill man...  You definitely got the mix right...  I kind of see what Marino is saying on the guitar, and yeah, definitely a mattter of personal taste..  I not being as much a in your face guitar head, find it much more tasteful than he..

JimK
#23November 15th, 2007 · 08:37 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Avi, man, this is beautiful. very relaxed track with a lovely atmosphere.

that behringer mixer would be perfect for me if it had phantom power, im lookin to get a behinger condenser and probs the same audio interface you have, but i also need a small mixer with phantom power.

anyway, well done on the song

Ian
#24November 15th, 2007 · 09:36 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Ian, thanks for the compliments.

As for the mixer: I've never been impressed with onboard preamps unless I was looking at extremely high-end equipment.  I'd get the mixer I have (or something cheaper), and get something like the $30 ART mic preamp, which provides phantom power and is also extremely good at improving th sound in general.
#25November 15th, 2007 · 04:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A very 'chilled' song Avi, chilled being the word, it kind of takes you and says "Chill-out", a touch too chilled for me, but very nicely played just the same. I liked the shaker, it gives a beautiful easy going undertone.
#26November 15th, 2007 · 05:52 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Thanks kings, glad you liked it.  Appreciate the compliments.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.