77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Tell Me Why(Pagans_Flyer)

This song is not in a battle

Tell Me Why

Paganscradle/ Vocals...Harmonies
Flyer/Acoustic...Lyrics

The Acoustics arent the best as I am terrible at mixing..and not the best guitar player....But, Please dont let that sway you from the beautiful work That Paganscradle did singing this....

Nice work Hayley...

xxxx

Flyer

This is a medley of 3 different songs combined into one

Tell Me Why

What makes a
man try to fly
when hes in the Dark
far away from the sky
why does a man cry
can you tell me why

why does a man say his prayers  before his time to die
why dont he do this
while he is alive
why does he waste his life
why does he cry
why does he say a prayer
just before his time to die

I was born to be with you
I was born to be with you
I was born to be
born to be

why does a man say his prayers 
before his time to die
why dont he do this
while he is alive
why does he cry
why does he say a prayer

When I said I would love you
forever for worse or for better
I meant every word
I was true
I held your heart in my hands

before his time to die
why dont he do this
while he is alive
why does he cry
why does he say a prayer

before his time to die
can you tell me why
please tell me why
why does he cry
why does he say a prayer

Lyrics
Ralph S. Virgilio
9:44 PM 10/11/2007

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 13th, 2007 · 03:45 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
heeyyyyy
was a pleasure to sing to such a lovely composition..thankyou for your compliment...your music moves me flyer.....xxxxxxxx
#3November 13th, 2007 · 03:48 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
;)the pleasure is all mine Hayley as always

Flyer
#4November 13th, 2007 · 04:37 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
very good!  I can't give you any grief for mixing or anything-- of course it's nice to hear well-mixed sounds, but I'm trying to look past that and rate the SONG, not your little 1's and 0's that are on a disk somewhere.  When you play it it sounds clear, I'm sure-- It's an issue of the computer and the configuration, basically, and frankly ... the computer isn't part of the band or group, so screw mixing :P

.. unless you go pro, and then you might have to mix like a pro in order to please the nations.

Anyway, I like the chorus very much-- The only thing I'd say about it is that I felt like the song was going on a little long, repeating the same section of chorus a few times.  Anyway, the song isn't massive or anything, just 5 minutes something, but still.  The chorus is lovely... Pagan's got a way of harmonizing with herself

Pagan, I liked the way that you sort of "throw" yourself open at the end of the song-- it was a nice way to go out.

I could almost see a music video of this in my head   It was centered around the chorus idea of a man dying, and also around the I held your heart in my hands part, which felt to me like an apology of sorts, to the Significant Other for dying.  It felt like an apology, but also like a hopeful bit of comfort, that although the person was dying, the time spent alive was not in vain.

*analysis mode off*

Good job, you two!

TLS
#5November 13th, 2007 · 04:48 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Thanks TLS....yes Hayley let it go at the end..I thought it was great the way she finised up the song....Dont ask me how I ended up with a 5 min + song...thats unusual for me.....yeah  srew mixing  ha   j/k...But I need to get a better grip on the mixing ...so all in due time

Flyer
#6November 14th, 2007 · 03:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, what lovley lyrics and vocals.

The vox harmonies are wonderful.

Another great collab.

Well done

Rated

Denis
#7November 14th, 2007 · 04:16 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
*%^ this is good.
Ralph the guitars are ok what do you say utility ....we love a ute in Oz.Go the guitar break in the middle 8.
PG your voice has got in my ear lyrics and that "it" quality .
Harmonies on the money just a little tidy up here and there ...pitch ok.
Song wise i tthink you should get this one around some a&r cause its a beauty
[quote]
 It's an issue of the computer and the configuration, basically, and frankly ... the computer isn't part of the band or group, so screw mixing :P

.. unless you go pro, and then you might have to mix like a pro in order to please the nations.'
This is true ,sony here accept demos quality no issue .....song and vox is what they wanna hear.There are so many hot boxes and producers out there .
I think its a helecon vocal processor ...samples the voice 24 bit runs it though any number of processers auto tune eq drive chorus colours {make you sound like >dial up a style preset ...soul opera rock punk you name it. double tracking hormonizers vocoders etc & spits it out ......in real time.
Singers use them live
PG you got the sound already.

You guys have done well here
congratulations
rate high

#8November 14th, 2007 · 04:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very cool harmonies!!
Just just love it!!!!!!!!!!
The recorded guitar could use some work.It sounds a bit far.The vocal arrangement is great.Wow!!!!    
I really have tons of admiration for Pagan,this is just a mind game of harmonies that has me wanting more!!!!
Ralph great job ,what can I say but that you're giving us some real good music !!
will rate!
M.
#9November 14th, 2007 · 10:43 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Thanks Denis...your constant support is really appreciated

Hatz...
Thanks alot for the comment....yes I think This needs to be worked on more...I agree  .. the computer isn't part of the band..Its rally nice to know when other Musicians that are so talented think so highly of a song..I'm really honored...Paganscradle is amazing ... with out her singing to my songs and adding her great Harmonies...well the songs would be nothing...Pagans bring them to life...her voice is amazing... and she is very good to work with
Thanks for the comment Greg

Flyer

Marino

Yes Pagans leave you wanting more...and that's great..I'm glad you think so highly of the music...when you get great comment from the very best Musicians on the amp is about the best compliment One can get... the guitar is kind of in the back .. I didnt want to take away from Pagans vocals...maybe I'll kick the guitar up with anothe track of the guitar....Thanks so  much

Flyer
#10November 14th, 2007 · 10:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hey Hey Ralphie Boy..
This is very nice....  I too must say Love the Harmonies...  Also, dude, you play guitar pretty dang good if you ask me...

The mix is not super, I think you were too self concious about your guitar playing, and recording, so you tried to hide it behind her vocal... It just needs a bit more cleaning up, and a little fullness, and then it should be able to be mixed in better...

Man... I think when I move next door to Marino, I will have to take you with me, and you can live in the guest house... 

JimK
#11November 14th, 2007 · 11:14 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Super
Vocals make everything awsome.. mix shmix..

Super nice...

Robbie
#12November 15th, 2007 · 12:29 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
JimK  
your so right..I did try to hide the guitar a bit behind Pagans Vocals....I need a lil more cofidence... Ill get there buddy....yeah    Ill live in the guest house and we cam make tons of Music man....24/7..lol
Thanks Jim

Robbie
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen to the song and leaving a nice comment..I'm glad you like the song...

Flyer
#13November 18th, 2007 · 01:24 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
hey thanks for putting me in front there tho, but yes to hear the guitar would be nice.. he aint taking all the blame for that tho...cos i have also mixed it and sent it..so probs my fault..if he used mine..lol..   love to sing to your music flyer...xxx as always..xxx
#14December 11th, 2007 · 10:03 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is fine Hayley...The Mix is my fault..Im not to good at that part of it all...But your the one who brings the song to life
your vocals are amazing..I love to her you sing..and its a pleasure to have you sing to some of my music
I hope in the furture I can produce a better qaulity in the sound..
once again
Thank you Hayley
x

Ralphie
#15December 12th, 2007 · 08:39 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
nice moody song, prefer this to x-mass songs much, great harmonies pagan, great lyrics too, well done

F*** the mix 
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.