This song is not in a battle

Followup To No One In Particular...

Christmas writing now..

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 13th, 2007 · 04:01 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
straight away,i love it..aaahhh gosh..its brill!    hmm it has style...you arent afraid to vocalise are you?..love it.. will rate..x
#3November 13th, 2007 · 04:19 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I like your sense of melody, MSR.  If I would see anything change about the track, I'd turn that echo's decay rate down by 50%, so that only a single bounce happened to each channel.  As is, it's pulling my attention away from your lead.  I can live with it, for sure, but still.  Other than that, your clicking bridge improv was cool for the first half, but then the second half stood out too much, like it was just filling time by repeating itself quickly.  In short, the second half of the little clicking deal wasn't as interesting as the first half (which was great).

But don't let me rip on the song like I'm not enjoying it-- this one gets to go on my iPod, good sir.  I feel like driving empty roads at night when I listen to this.

And let the Christmas stuff begin!

TLS
#4November 13th, 2007 · 04:24 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah... qualification:

about the echo... I'm usually listening to these bandAMP songs in my headphones, which creates an interestingly different soundscape than when I listen on some normal speakers.  Without the headphones, I find the song rather perfect, in terms of dynamics and the echo deal.

I'll hold my ground on the clicking business though :P
#5November 13th, 2007 · 06:24 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Is a nice composition, though i feel the voice doesn't fit with the music (i don't mean your type of voice, i mean the sound of the voice). The mix needs a little of tweaking. But as the whole is pretty nice.
#6November 13th, 2007 · 08:45 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Great song. Vocals are very good. I would suggest putting a soft orchestral sound in the background, especially in the part where the bass drops right down and it's just your vocals and drums, the contrast is too much, and I think adding a soft orchestral synth or something will make the parts more compatible.

Voted.
#7November 14th, 2007 · 03:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It has originality

Just need a bit of work in the mix, would like to see you vox raised or changed in the mix.panning etc

Good work

Rated

Denis
#8November 14th, 2007 · 04:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man you have such a great voice.Great growing musical concept!
Ok lets see
-1.06 to 1.10 it sounded a bit out of air and not as tight.
-Theres some room also for bass when the kick picks up.
-Some vocal pops
Those are the things I can hear right know that could use some work.But man your voice is great.Strong projection and performance.The song itself is a hit for this genre in IMHO!!
#9November 14th, 2007 · 04:37 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Always a sucker for fat juicy synth lines.
Good work.
The vox nice and up front .Mixing tweaks could help what is already a bold performance.
Agree WB suggestion of softy orch pad colour  .
vote I shall

Santa banta

#10November 14th, 2007 · 10:17 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice...the vocals are solid...right up front....good sound effects...writersblock has a good suggestion about a soft sounding orchestra for a backgound...that's a great idea.....nice work here

Flyer

will rate
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 1:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.