#1November 13th, 2007 · 02:12 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Stayin Virtually Alive

This song is not in a battle

This is my tribute to one of the greatest tunes ever, Staying Alive, by the incredible Bee Gees..

Noone can honestly say they don't sing along with this tune when they hear it on the overhead in the doctors office, or the shopping mall, or on the radio when they're about town. I mean, Cmon, it's the Bee Gees for cryin out loud...  Anyway, this is me, all techno... THanks to Marino showing me how to use my midi stuff in FL, I now can pull my old Midi tunes off my floppy disk, and make some use outta them. This was originally arranged as a cover of the original tune, on an Amiga 500, But, I added to it a bit now that I have FL.. I imported the original Midi I arranged back then, and then added to it, ALLOT!  hahaha

PS, it's not totally complete...  But I had to get some feedback, I am working on a nice intro, and outro.. The rest will stay the same...

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 13th, 2007 · 03:22 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Love the procussiveness of the guitar.. Love the ride cymbol..

Good fun
#3November 13th, 2007 · 06:43 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds pretty awesome,love the guitar sound.Bring it up a bit more!Yup The bee gees where in all its glory when I was about 11 or so.The funkiness on the guitar got me hooked immediately when I first heard them.
Great job!
#4November 13th, 2007 · 10:17 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i really like your guitar part!  I love the "choking" that it does all the way through, muting and all staccato-like.  Absolutely fantastic.  This is out of your style if your style sounds like "crap" as you proclaimed a while back   The Bee Gees were in fact before my time, so I didn't get to grow up with them, really, but they've left a legacy that no human being can really pass up by accident!  Lovely, lovely....

good thing you got that midi deal working, and FL studio!  I'm sure it'll let you do more cool stuff as you experiement with it!

haha, all this needs now is some sort of vocal cover.... but who would want to step up and try to do a comparable job to the Bee Gees? 

(i don't!  i'd be put to shame)

TLS
#5November 13th, 2007 · 11:07 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Ya got me doing the Travolta......

Flyer

Will Rate
#6November 13th, 2007 · 12:43 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
For a midi is a nice arrangement though the sound of the guitar is not of my taste. Nice arrangement.
#7November 13th, 2007 · 02:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Stayin Virtually Alive
Ive been up in the loft fer the white suit
hey i might be fat now but the shoes still fit!!!!!
haha

kersploosh
no vote as its a cover and u are allowed
#8November 13th, 2007 · 03:56 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ohh i really like this ..its awsome!!..am just boogying on down here..have seen all the images i want to see about the shoes still fitting ..lol..x rated..x
#9November 14th, 2007 · 03:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Let's all boogie.

Brings back good memories

Great that your tying out new things!!!!!!

Will rate when you have done the intro and outro

Denis
#10November 15th, 2007 · 04:04 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
i actually really like your version. that guitar is damn cool.

good job with the FL midi stuff, i need to sort that out for myself.

Ian
#11November 24th, 2007 · 12:49 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
thanks everyone
I am glad to see such wonderful feedback...  One question, should we try to implement a seperate section for covers and remixes? to keep them out of the main bandamp audio review section... So we could have something like this:
Bandamp.com/Audioreview.html
Genres:
Blues
Rock
Acoustic
pop
techno
punk
etc
etc
Collaboration/projects

Covers/remixes

What do you think?

JimK
#12November 24th, 2007 · 02:53 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I don't like the idea of forcing music into specific genres.  Yes, I'd like to flag certain posts as collaborations or covers and be able to filter them, but a system of rigid taxonomy has too many drawbacks in music.

BTW, solid track!
#13November 29th, 2007 · 08:53 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Hahaha that kicks ass. I didn't know what the hell was going on. I was like a minute twenty in and goin' "I've heard this before!" Really good job taking the beat and notes of the vocal peice and then ripping that guitar. Sick, really. I think it would have been a little more interesting if you had some type of ballad singing going, something really slow like a requiem to off beat the poppy-funk.

You really out did yourself man, this is great. On the guitar, did you just use max tremello and some crazy distortion? Anyways its a real cool sound that you're pumpin out there man. I guess I picked the wrong song to see what you mean by our styles are similar Oh wells, until next time batman!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.