1 2
#16November 12th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
screw tech support   i worked in it for the university of KY for a while, and i know it's easy to just shove it off on the user, but i tried to make the world a better place   then i quit.

#17November 13th, 2007 · 07:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Denis another great one.I agree with the beginning using a bit more color on the arrangement.But that solo part is just sweet right after the intro .Love the feel through the guitar solo as the song moves forward.Had a hard time with piano going tun tun tun tun,but then your guitar fixed that.Awesome job man
Gets vote
#18December 3rd, 2007 · 02:15 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Others have said it all really, this is a good bit of music which could be an awesome bit of music with some tinkering!

I like the overall composition, the choice of most instrumental sounds (except I still think your lead sounds too electronically processed; also, the drums are just too perfect in sound - more on that in a moment!)

It would be daft to be overly critical in what was, for you, a piece of work intended to practise instrumental layering and complex construction.  You've achieved your goal pretty damn well with this.  Perhaps there could just now be an improvement in dynamic range - I think you've missed a chance for some very quiet passages followed by hard-hitting noise!

Just two other things to talk about from me (groan!  )
Firstly; the sound card is the same as I use - it can handle most things that you throw at it and record without pops and clicks.  The card processes the sound itself, and should not be overly effected by your pc - BUT, the set-up can make a difference, as can the software used (and the ASIO driver that's selected for it).  With the wrong overall set-up, it's possible to get clicks when the processor is just doing too damn much (especially in Fruity Loops I've found).
Secondly: I also have the Alesis SR16.  This is an excellent drum machine, which allows you to create your own drum sets - so it's entirely possible to get exactly the sound you want.  Added to that, you can tell the SR16 how loudly to play each drum, or have it respond to midi volume control.  This is the feature I use the most, as I now write my drum tracks using Cubase, then randomly change the volume of each drum (it doesn't take long to do - just a bit of mad mouse clicking over the volume parameter.  Then I record the drums to a wav file, import it into Cubase, and process the sound as I want using which-ever effects I want.  I'm not saying that this is the way to go, but it's A way to go!!!

Anyway... I ramble.  Good song
#19December 4th, 2007 · 02:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Excellent Ramble
Jiminuk wrote…
Others have said it all really, this is a good bit of music which could be an awesome bit of music with some tinkering!

I like the overall composition, the choice of most instrumental sounds (except I still think your lead sounds too electronically processed; also, the drums are just too perfect in sound - more on that in a moment!)

It would be daft to be overly critical in what was, for you, a piece of work intended to practise instrumental layering and complex construction.  You've achieved your goal pretty damn well with this.  Perhaps there could just now be an improvement in dynamic range - I think you've missed a chance for some very quiet passages followed by hard-hitting noise!

Just two other things to talk about from me (groan!  )
Firstly; the sound card is the same as I use - it can handle most things that you throw at it and record without pops and clicks.  The card processes the sound itself, and should not be overly effected by your pc - BUT, the set-up can make a difference, as can the software used (and the ASIO driver that's selected for it).  With the wrong overall set-up, it's possible to get clicks when the processor is just doing too damn much (especially in Fruity Loops I've found).
Secondly: I also have the Alesis SR16.  This is an excellent drum machine, which allows you to create your own drum sets - so it's entirely possible to get exactly the sound you want.  Added to that, you can tell the SR16 how loudly to play each drum, or have it respond to midi volume control.  This is the feature I use the most, as I now write my drum tracks using Cubase, then randomly change the volume of each drum (it doesn't take long to do - just a bit of mad mouse clicking over the volume parameter.  Then I record the drums to a wav file, import it into Cubase, and process the sound as I want using which-ever effects I want.  I'm not saying that this is the way to go, but it's A way to go!!!

Anyway... I ramble.  Good song :D

Hi Jim,

Hey I like this rambeling as you put it LOL.

Seriously, I really do appreciate your time and effort to help me with this project. Improving as a musician
is probably what drives me more than anything else.
I joined the AMP Feb 2007, the AMP has been a real blessing for me. I feel I have improved, and with
reviews like on this song is just incredible.

About my sound card, I think I've tried everything, as you said, my computer just cant proccess the
sound files quick enough. An expert said that the only way to do it was to change the bios. If I did that it
could end up messing-up my computer. So I come to accept that somebody upstairs thinks I should stick to
playing real instruments.

I'm getting a classical flue for Christmas. booked pro lessons starting in January. Hopefully with practice on my part I will be good enough to record with. Ultimately, if I am able to play the flute with any fluency, I then would like to learn play the Soprano Sax. Somebody suggested try before you buy, as the reed can be difficult to master, just don't know anyone locally, I suppose I could hire one?

The other day Avi suggested putting the AlesisSR16 through an analouge mixer, tried it and it sounds much more real. I'm aware of the different drum sets, Pan, velocity, volume control, which I'm starting to use. The only thing I can't get my head round is to programme the drums indidvidually. I think it would be far easier if I
Sat down with an expert to physically show me, although the Alesis, has good presets, you can get away with those, I just use the pads to fill bits in here and there, it would be nice though to learn hoe to programme it proper. I'll find a way eventually.

Cheers me ol' mucka!!!

Denis
#20February 25th, 2008 · 05:42 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
I don't know I don't think the conquistadors would be jamming out to something like this but it would go well in a cheesy 80's action movie.
#21February 25th, 2008 · 11:28 PM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
WTG Dennis! The way you guys & gals do all this multi-instrumental stuff and recording & mixing simultanously impresses the hell out of a strummer like me. The hours it must take........
It takes me all my time to come up with a lyric and a few chords.

#22March 10th, 2009 · 07:05 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Denis, love the build up in the beginning as well as the arrangement. The guitar is a bit strong only in the mix, possibly could use a tad of reverb maybe. all in all very well versed. Shows you have many influential styles as well.  *Nicely done for sure~!
 John
#23March 10th, 2009 · 07:08 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
youve come a long way since this trak..............haha

fish
#24October 2nd, 2010 · 09:47 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Denis, the intro is kick ass. Nice Guitar work...Denis, maybe i could come up with some Lyrics for this..What do you think?...or would you like for it to fly as is..which it can....If so, could you email me the music?...

Flyer7747@gmail.com

Nice Rating
#25May 13th, 2012 · 02:51 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
hmmm...Santana feel...nice...love how the guitar starts climbing in to it at :30, and then the guitar snarl at 1:56 -- love it.  Rest of the instruments -- for some reason, the trumpets are jumping out at me in the beginning, then start blending in better later -- maybe wrap them with trombone or french horn, which is something I like to do when the trumpets feel like they're stealing the show. Liked the guitar left unresolved in the ending.. enjoyed it!
#26May 14th, 2012 · 11:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
never heard this side of Denis, liking it very much!
i notice your recording skills have improved a lot these days ,
still i enjoyed this impro/compo combination much,
maybe you can redo this one with a better mix!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.