#1November 9th, 2007 · 08:58 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Winter Solstice

This song is not in a battle

Full title- Winter Solstice: The Blue Lagoon
7 1/2 minutes of soothing sounds. This won't blow you away, but I hope you can just chill to this.
Every thing's all super quiet to create that ambient vibe, I chucked in some soft drums too, to give the feeling that the song's going somewhere. I've got a handful of small riffs in here, that just give it something more than just a chord progression. There's one part in there that has a very little bit of bass, but it is also really soft and quite minimal.
This song is going into the Newgrounds audio competition for the "Ambient" section.
Hope you enjoy it, some peace and quiet for once...

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 9th, 2007 · 09:49 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oooo, at 0:57, i really liked that poppy synth noise that pushed its way into my attention.

the changes are nice... like them!  at first i thought that the drums would ruin an "ambient" track like this, but i like it-- it's like neoAmbient, as it's pushing its way into something like soft techno, with those synth leads.

oo, and then the section at 4:00, with the flute-y like lead in the background.  i like your background leads, basically.  it really helps to embellish the sound as the track progresses.

personally, i find the opening synth lead to be rather "dry" and not very hazy and soothing as the rest of the song, but since the song does weigh in at 7:34, there's plenty of time to absorb the other sounds after the beginning

good job man, i like it

TLS
#3November 10th, 2007 · 12:39 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I see that you havent been wasting any time....nice work.....you guys make me ill that master FL...lol  joking...kicked backed...but very effective Shane....it keeps you hanging on....=and thats a good thing....nice work buddy

Flyer   will Rate
#4November 10th, 2007 · 01:13 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very nice!  Nice mood you set here.  More use of the stereo field would create more atmosphere.  The lead synth is a bit "plucky" to me.  I agree with the above comment that you could find a better sound to create more of a soothing effect.  The drums are nice if not just a bit in the back.  Although I could see you wanting to keep it minimal to keep the soothing effect of the overall vibe.  You are coming right along man!  Look forward to your future projects!
#5November 10th, 2007 · 06:46 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very cool piece here.Found it a bit busy for atmosphere,but definitely a great track overall.you've come a long way with you mixes.I would agree with map about the stereo field but I would give the drums a bit of more presence!
Great track overall,hope it does well in the competition!
Will rate!
#6November 10th, 2007 · 08:21 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Like that little oriental-sounding riff you chucked in there    The synth lead that  you use for part of the song is juat a little bit too...aggresive maybe (??) for what I see as an ambient track.  But then again that seems to just be me thinking that.  Love your use of [what sounds like] ocean sounds in there. 
Chilled?  Yes.  High rate?  Indeed!

Kobeshi
#7November 10th, 2007 · 12:12 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OK, I'm chilling to it as you suggest!

Some pretty nice work going on here - possibly the lead synth sound is too forward in the mix and could do with less attack (which is sort of what Kobeshi says) allowing it to blend much more into the overall ambience.  The same is true for the bass synth... it just hits too hard.

But overall the music has a lovely feel to it, with a good almost oriental sounding construction.  Not my favourite song of yours (and as I've said before, certainly not my favourite genre) but good all the same.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.