touchtone

This song is not in a battle

some late night romanic music.....looking for vocals for this one

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 9th, 2007 · 07:32 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Top stuff, great music, very ambient, love the melody, it has a really sweet progression. The instrument with the melody is great, the echoes and the soft pulsing give it a great feel.
Great work!
 I'll rate it.

WB
#3November 9th, 2007 · 10:20 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow, i like this.  a lot.  why am i only the second person to post!!?  grr...

without lyrics right now, the synth strings stand out a bit.  it's not bad-- it sounds a lot like my yamaha keyboard set to Chamber strings with a Duel voice of normal Synth strings set to an octave lower than the lead.   it sounds good!

oo, the shift into the techy part was kind of fun.

yeah, the leads without vocals feel a little naked, but with a voice over it, i'm sure it'll be fine.

what kind of voice are you looking for?  perhaps if we can get you talking more about it, then somebody'll raise their hand

TLS
#4November 9th, 2007 · 11:52 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
lovely...ethereal. Love the panning (found myself swaying back and forth as I listened). Really nice choice of sounds (creates some really nice textures in there). Inventive chord structure
#5November 10th, 2007 · 06:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I love those sounds you used, a real treat for the ears.

I can imagine this with female vocals, so it becomes really spacious and even more ethereal. It is your correct guess that I cannot help you with those
#6November 10th, 2007 · 06:36 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I agree with PX the sounds are just awesome!The strings ad a great dimension ,.great recording by the way.There also a type of wah filter sound on the synth???
What ever it, is is great.The drum pick up part is good but I would loose the strings and go straight to the piano arrangement! and so on!!
Yup some vox would be a real nice ad on!
Good marks in this one!
#7November 10th, 2007 · 08:44 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
I think TLS has hit the nail on the head - that in places (mainly parts without the drums) the plucked-strings feel a bit 'naked' without any vocals.  Really enjoying the use of reverb and panning on the plucked strings part.  For the rich string ensemble (I assume thats the instrument you are using), maybe at some point fade it in more progressivley for a really powerful effect.  An excellent example of this is around the 3:00 mark of Moby's song "The Sky is Broken".
Really nice piece you have here.

Kobeshi
#8November 10th, 2007 · 11:46 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I like this just as very relaxed instrumental piece... I guess the appreciation is dependant upon the current mood of the listener! 
Well, to my ears it drives beautifully along painting a picture of travelling along a winding road in the Autumn with leaves being churned up as you pass by (wow, where did that come from!!! hehe)
The mix itself could use just a little work, as I think it's missing a bit of bottom end in places - and yes the strings could be made slightly more dynamic.  But it's really nice all the same.

Good work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.