#1November 7th, 2007 · 08:26 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Selma

This song is not in a battle

This is a cover of a Bijelo Dugme song called Selma.

Bijelo Dugme is a band that was from Yugoslavia (they were around in 70's and 80's before Yugoslavia split up into Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia and what not) and they were probably the biggest rock band to ever come out of Yugoslavia...

So the song is sung in Yugoslav language, we recorded it live, the guitarist sings this and he isnt actually Yugoslavian, hes Greek but he gave it a real good go and I gotta say he convinced a lot of people that he was Yugoslavian...

There is a video that goes with this of us playing this but I can't find it at the moment.

I'm very interested in what you guys think, particularly the vocals.

Ok thanks and enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 7th, 2007 · 08:36 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice tune!  There is definate seperation with the vocals.  I completely hear what we were talking about.  Very unfortunate, because the vocals are too low in the mix, but if you turned the levels up much more on them im afraid the issue would be very apparent.  Having said that, I love the music.  Is this some kind of live recording or did you record and mix each part?

HEY, WHERE ARE THE REVIEWS YOU PROMISED AFTER CONJOLING ME INTO REVIEWING THIS SONG MAN!?  I TOLD YOU I DONT CARE IF ITS MY TUNES OR NOT BUT REVIEW SOMEONE! GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY! AND YOU TOLD ME ABSOLUTELY MAN, IM GONNA REVIEW! AND THEN YOU JUST BAILED ANYWAY! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SHAME! DONT ASK ME TO REVIEW AGAIN, PLEASE!
#3November 7th, 2007 · 08:48 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
The recording sounds great.The arrangements are awesome.Sounds a bit progressive in style(My cup of tea!!!!!!)
The vocal sounds a bit muffled and it clips a bit!The separation is quite good on the mix.Again on the 2.50 mark some cluttered sounds but for life is awesome.great song too!!!
Good job!
#4November 7th, 2007 · 08:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The vocal is muffled compared with the music, gives it a 'cavern' type venue feeling to it.
Like the sweeping drums...Ooo bum note!
You've got the guitar sounding very authentic too, nice grungie sound to it.
With a vocal done and recorded to the standard of the rest of the music this would be a really nice song.
#5November 7th, 2007 · 10:47 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
Hey, I dug this.  The production was good and you guys are tight.
#6November 8th, 2007 · 03:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great live stuff man!!!!!!!!!! I would like to see more live stuff like this, there's no substitute in the feel factor.

The band sound together, well rehersed.

Very difficult to get a quality recording from a live performance, it's OK, but can be improved.

Well done.

Will Rate

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.