#1November 7th, 2007 · 08:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Collab-15Radio_DreamsMean

This song is not in a battle

A Marino tune that I liked and could put something to, so I did and the first take sounds like this.
Took about an hour to do , all I've done is moved the vocal samples around a bit for timing reasons,   and put some effects on it to try and make it gel.
Please tell me what you think.
If you can that is.

The Words :

Dreams mean nothing my friend

I believe that it’s meant to be
I believe that it’s all up to me
I believe as you can see
I believe, believe you me

This is that burning
This that drives me on
This is that love
This that is here until it is gone

In the end
You’ve got to die for the dreams that you live

All along
You’ve got to fight for the piece that you need

And when all hope is gone
I’ll still sing this song
I’ll just carry on
Like I’m meant to

And when it’s in the dark I hide
And all my tears are cried
Im on my own not by your side
I will look out from here.

And I will see
As I believe
That it’s meant to be
All up to me

Cheers 

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 7th, 2007 · 08:29 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Mean tune! Dont recognize this one, M?  Hmmm...not sure the tone of the vocals match the song?  But its still damn mean!
#3November 7th, 2007 · 08:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Haunting KINGSSS!!!!!!!!
I forgot all about this song.Yeah I never had posted this here .I think I send that to you Kings when talking about CGC records.Awesome .Glad to hear vocals on it.I think some ideas in here are awesome and definitely ad to the music.Other need some work on the vocal arrangement.But most important is that it sounds like you really felt the energy projected in the music and ran with it.Honored Kings for your time in putting this together Tx!!!As a side note if you work in the vocal arrangement to where it fits Ill give you a better updated version of the song with the same structure you have here!
Cheers Kings!

Marino
#4November 7th, 2007 · 10:52 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
Hi Kings, this is a interesting song.  It's pretty good.  I'm not really digging the vocal effect though, it's a little abrasive, and may be mixed a little loud compared to the rest of the song.  I like the instrumental work, and if you got the mix on the vox keyed in more, I think it would stand out more.  Overall though, that was a cool song!
#5November 8th, 2007 · 04:00 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey I wrote a reply last night, must have sent it to textfield heaven !

Marino : I'm glad you like it for starters.
Yes I do have a few more of yours waiting in the wing, just need to make more time for it.
If you want the bare vocals I can send them on to you.
We'll have to get together sometime to discuss some ideas.

Dont know about 'tone' but I do feel that my voice is not 'mean/rough' enough for the heavier parts of the song, it could also be in how I process the vocals of course. I'll have to ask for some tips from Toasty.

Cheers Stoopid (we already have an SS), thank loads for the review and comment, I am a loud abrasive kind of guy anyway! lol
It's my attempt at getting a separately recorded vocal to gel or to get it to 'carry' with the music, just for the record.
#6November 8th, 2007 · 02:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i like the music thats going on here..obviously very well worked out with all the instruments...the vocals are to be desired....i like different...i am different..xxxxxxxxxxxxx good stuff..
#7November 8th, 2007 · 03:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This is really cool, Kings you have so much character in your vox.

The echo effect is great, although the timing of the echo doesn't quite fit the tempo of the song,

I like the 'HA' - that's all you!!! more Ha's and vocal expressions would be 'AWESOME'

Try singing higher to get the rougher bits.

Will Rate

Denis
#8November 8th, 2007 · 06:10 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis cheers ,
You probably mean that I should sing the chorus as I did the last verses, I'll give it a go next time I'm practising this.
Just practised.........yea your right, I'll nudge it up a 'tone' when I (if Marino sees something in it) record it again.
As for vocal expression I always think I'm too loud anyway and that a few Ha's are ok but too many make it cheesy. Elaborating on that one with some effects is still something I'd like to do.

Paganscradle : "...the vocals are to be desired.....".............................The kisses I can deal with but this is going to take me some time to come down from! [:blushing icon:]

Thank you
#9November 8th, 2007 · 08:17 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I guess i meant that i would expect someone to almost be screaming to this one, Kings!  Still very good!  A little mix work needed, but very good!
#10November 10th, 2007 · 07:06 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
K re listening to hear what can be done here!
Heres what I like as far as far of development or rather where to develop from!
From the
 .24 to 40 mark is a keeper (that melody an choice of notes works great with the verse)
.52 to 1.02 mark is something that I would further explore but with proper timing fixed.
1.25 to 1.40 is real good a bit tighter on the timing to at is perfect.
1.53 to 200 mark works if timing is fixed!
2 14 to 230 is real good but work on the timing specially on the second phrasing!
Anyway hope this gives you an Idea of what I hear,we can yahoo later about if you want.
Awesome voice Kings by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#11November 10th, 2007 · 08:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
M : Yes! 

Aa!  listening again, some of its in and some of its so out, it was the first take! 
#12November 10th, 2007 · 12:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Some "wispy" sounds in the recording (MP3 issues when using to mix down audio... been there and it's hard to fix!)

Vocal fx a little over done in places perhaps, but......
This took a couple of listens before I thought "yes, I like this one!" - that's because it's very different sounding and my ears weren't quite ready for it! haha

The backing music is nothing less than expected of a master such as Marino, so Kings you were off to a good start!
I'm really impressed with the vocal delivery - haunting, unusual, but very emotive and powerful and totally in theme with the lyrics (which are great btw!)

You say that you're working on this one still; I'm looking forward to hearing the next (finished) version.
#13November 27th, 2007 · 08:06 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I think this is one of the first guitar bits my marino that his skill didn't overpower everything else. The effects on your vocals are sweet. I wish I had a lower range and some talent with singing. I am going to go and cry over my limitd vocal ability.

"When it’s in the dark I hide, and all my tears are cried. I'm on my own not by your side."
#14November 27th, 2007 · 09:02 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Zakk Wylde!  Been trying to put my finger on who's stuff this sounds like the whole time and juuusttt got it!  Great addition to an already superb song (good choice btw...this is one of my favourites I think). 

Going to agree with Denis on adding here and there a few more "Ha"-ish bits (though obviously sparingly so you don't end up with a michael jackson "unn da, oo eee cha, na" style song) as they really do add that extra bit of character that draws you into the song.

Keep us posted if you do get round to doing this one again.  Its a beauty.

Kobeshi
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.