1 2

#1November 7th, 2007 · 03:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Collab-Dont Stop_Dont You Ever

This song is not in a battle

A Collab between Minds and my self in that Minds said "Where's that bloody vocal for Don't Stop" and I said "Shit! you're right...."

It is not the finished product, there are a lot of different issues vocally, but it gives the right idea of where it's meant to go......

PLEASE comment, thank you.

O! yes, the lyrics :

I met her down by the river

I met her down by the river
I met her there down by the rock
I met her then in some down town den
Where she said to me
Don’t you
Don't you
Don’t you ever stop

I met her in a memory
That we’d meet upon the hill
We met a little later in a hotel room
Where no one pay attention
And no no-body paid the bill

We met upon those summer lanes
We would meet there every day
I meet her now and again
She is the most beautiful thing I could ever say

We meet around the one-way street
I’m behind the wheel
She’s in the passengers seat
We met, to never forget
That if you start a fire you can expect to feel the heat

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 7th, 2007 · 03:16 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Kings! Awesome man! Im going to work on this momentarily!  Im excited!  A few minor issues to resolve.  Vocal seperation from the rest of the track, blah blah..  A few tricks here and there!  This is gonna be great!  Thanks so much for doing it!
#3November 7th, 2007 · 03:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Collab-Dont Stop_Dont You Ever
review as i listen ...........

dizzy thumpin start ............. great ...........clear altered vocals...falls into melody well ............... beat gets busy 1:20
loop goes on............this is nice journey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

verse 2 ........ 2:10

nice to notice plenty of room for the vocs in the mix
build fer chorus ..moodier bass.........could be bigger?..the focus of this song lies in the lyric fer me...............
accompanying loops dont get developed much or break into contrast between verse and chorus....... but still very well constructed and time taken to ensure the highly effected vocs are legible ......... i like this

thanx fer a great listen ........ gets stars from me as per guide

splish splash

the fish
#4November 7th, 2007 · 06:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Minds, you see all I need is a kick start every now and then. 
Swordy, have you written a program that automatically comments?
You got me thinking anyways, cheers
You made me realise how I'm trying to put a 'conventional' whole song lyric on to a potentially party scape d&b piece, that usually has a single/simple vocal sample worked into it.
If Minds were to make the track 10 minutes long we could probably get the effect I'm after, namely a lyrical / vocal / sound scape. Where the listener can trip out on the beauty of words and not only the lyrical story / poetry of words, but the sounds and symbols words can create when effected (or not) and set to such excellent sound journeys as Minds creations.
I'll try less words next time and try my hand at some more elaborate mixing.
Just wish I could get Marino to do some screaming guitar !!! 
#5November 7th, 2007 · 07:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
kings wrote…
Minds, you see all I need is a kick start every now and then. 
Swordy, have you written a program that automatically comments?
You got me thinking anyways, cheers
You made me realise how I'm trying to put a 'conventional' whole song lyric on to a potentially party scape d&b piece, that usually has a single/simple vocal sample worked into it.
If Minds were to make the track 10 minutes long we could probably get the effect I'm after, namely a lyrical / vocal / sound scape. Where the listener can trip out on the beauty of words and not only the lyrical story / poetry of words but the sounds and symbols words can create when effected (or not) and set to such excellent sound journeys as Minds creations.
I'll try less words next time and try my hand at some more elaborate mixing.
Just wish I could get Marino to do some screaming guitar !!!  :razz:
LOL Kings!!!
Ill talk to Minds but think this going in the right direction regardless of the guitar.
I think as a whole the idea is awesome,some issues with the vocal mix but quality is great.By the way love your unique sound kings!!Minds I think is a great track,many details in it.They need to come up a bit .Awesome work guys,Looking forward to a final product!!!
#6November 8th, 2007 · 12:42 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmmm..... another screaming guitar comment?  Is it just me... no I dont think it is.  If you go back and look at all of the reviews on my music, there is atleast 1 "you should add a screaming guitar to this" comment on every single one!  (well, damn near)  I am my own person, guys!  If I start adding Marino to every track I write, all the critique would be about Marino's screaming guitar!!!!  No thanks!  Marino knows I love im and all, and there are tracks that I want his guitar on, but I dont intend to be the backing artist for all of Marino's guitar work.  Having said that.. I think we have a good thing going on this one, Kings.  Of course, it needs work.  But I dont really intend to add any Marino to it.  I hope you are ok with that.  There are Map projects and Marino projects and there are Map/Marino projects, but this is not one of them.  I think Marino will agree whole heartedly.
#7November 8th, 2007 · 01:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Well I couldent agree more with you Minds.
'Twas a jest my dear! BECAUSE it's on nearly every track you post.
I think we know where we stand with each other, and with each others material.
You'd know by now if I thought it needed a guitar,
I sung/felt for this track as it stood, and I hear the techno/db /vocal scape that I felt for, as it stands.
It's now in your hands 
#8November 8th, 2007 · 01:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Sorry for the rant, Kings.  Its not directed at you really.  This is gonna be a great project as it is.  I forsee issues already with getting the vocal to fit without losing the detail of the track... Im just worried that if we add more elements Im gonna lose even more.  You know you're the man!
#9November 8th, 2007 · 02:19 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
way cool
am really enjoying this...this voice is just down cool..almost sexy..hm ...well good music always has me back to listen to.and i am sure glad i came back... well done.. will rate for sure.. just one thing....dont you everrrrrr stop.. i mean you know
#10November 8th, 2007 · 04:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This a great collab!!!

I like it all guys, you may just need to work on the EQ of the vox so it blends in the mix.

High Marks

More like this please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denis
#11November 8th, 2007 · 07:04 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah man! thanks for the great review, Denis.  I currently have the naked vocal in my possession and intend to work on the mix this weekend.  I should have a new version by the end of the weekend for all to hear and critique!
#12December 20th, 2007 · 12:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
Finland
This one's really cool, but for my taste the vocal has a little bit too much delay.. But the beat, for example, is genius. And the voice in all the rest of it is great as well.. Left me a satisfied feeling, thank you 
#13May 1st, 2008 · 05:24 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Really liking what you've done with this kings, the track was awesome already but it's added a new dimension to the track and i like it... there might be abit too much delay but i'd have to hear how it sounds without the delay to make judgement as i really the trippy vibe it brings to the track especially because of the overall mood of the track... and again kudos to map the track is sickness, especially the drums... seriously banging! very junglistic aphrodite style love it!
#14May 1st, 2008 · 11:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
This is sooo trippy, nice sound, good bass.  well done man.
#15May 1st, 2008 · 11:37 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
very nice collaboration you two...very creative vocals there Kings just a little to much re verb maybe...Minds  nice work on the music as always buddy

Flyer

Will Rate
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.