#1November 6th, 2007 · 12:03 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
The End of Tribulation[2]

This song is not in a battle

Et voila, mes amis.  I can't say that this is "professional," but it's a heck of a lot closer than the last rough draft that I posted.

The volume is a bit higher on this one, so you won't have to crank the knobs way up just to hear past that dreadful hiss that was in the last recording.  I balanced this one better so that the hiss would leave me alone, but I'm afraid it showed up again a little with the highs on the EQ being pushed up.

I regulated the tempo on this recording as well.  In the first draft, I just played the song as I felt comfortable, but this time I really tried hard to stick to the tempo, except for the 2/3's section where it gets really quiet-- that part is intentionally off tempo and slower than the rest of the song.  As a result of a steady tempo, the track time increased by a minute, making it now 8:00

The song is completely playable by a single human being at the keys of a piano, though I recorded this in what seemed to be hundreds of parts in order to better capture the 3d feel of a piano when I play it.  At 6:16 there's a rather sharp contrast of panning effect, due to the fact that the section just prior to it should have been recorded in better 3d sound.  Since it wasn't, then consequently, the transition back into a truer 3d sound is rather blunt.

Meh... The bass is a quite murky... I tried to bring it out with some EQ work, but my computer's got very little ram for this whole music editing thing.  The project file was 2.5gb, and I couldn't live-preview any of the effects that I was using to polish the sound.  In fact, the project in RAM was larger than the RAM I even have on the computer, and my C drive was too low on disk space to properly expand the virtual memory's page file, so in the end, I've had my iPod plugged into the machine as a secondary drive for a scratch disk.  It's been intense these last few hours.

Um... aside from that, I'd like to know what you think about the track now.  I heard what some of you suggested, about maybe adding a guitar to it, and I am in fact working on something, but I don't know if it'll ever end up as a full-blown project.  I dunno.  Maybe.  I'd like to, but I've just got so much to do.  I wasted the entire day today getting this recorded.  Recording this at so many angles took freaking forever.  I've eaten only a 3 Musketerrs bar and 4 of those amazing LifeSavers Wint-O-Green mints.  Man.. I'm hungry.  Later guys.

TLS

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 6th, 2007 · 05:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice to listen late at night as I am.

I love the melody lines, very soothing on the ear.

I could see this used in a movie, where no words are being said, just someone alone thinking
of an emotional moment.

The song is OK as it is, I suppose you could add a violin

Very well played.

The hiss doesn't bother me, as I was captured by the music.

It was worth all those hard working hours puting this together.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

High Rate

Denis
#3November 7th, 2007 · 05:37 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
no time recording is wasted time. especially not if your doing something as good as this.
 i love the simplicity of the one piano, and its very emotive. very nice arangement. I could indeed picture it as a soundtrack for some emotional video work, i dont know why, but im picturing animation.

well done

Ian
#4November 7th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The End of Tribulation[2]
very very very nice.............
very well played
the composition holds really well together
beautiful chords
an  epic soundscape without all the tittilation of synths and beat machines
pure
the fish
#5November 7th, 2007 · 05:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What a really nice relaxing piece of music, the hiss is audible and because of the otherwise very clear recording it does pop up.
Sorry not much else to say, but that I enjoyed listening very much.
#6November 7th, 2007 · 07:38 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Posted a long comment on this yesterday but for some reason it hasn't shown up.  So...

WOOOOOOWWWWWW....I am truly STUNNED by this piece.  Absolutley beautiful in every way.  I would keep this exactly the way it is (and this is coming from a guy who is determined to add a strings part to everything haha).  I am actually speechless.  Somehow the hiss you are talking about almost contributes to the feeling of the song (kind of like some artists now put crackle into their songs to replicate old record players - Soco Amaretto Lime by Brand New comes to mind). 
Very high rating from me!
Kobeshi
#7November 7th, 2007 · 07:41 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This is absolutely beautiful!  The hiss is apparent unfortunately but other than that, I agree with Kobeshi! STUNNING!
#8November 7th, 2007 · 11:58 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow, thanks everyone for the great replies!  it's very encouraging.  As it's rather long, i've had the song going through my head so much over the last few years that after such an extensive bit of recording to get it to this point... well, i was beginning to think that the song was rather mundane.  i'm desensitizing myself to my music   i hear it so much that i think it's rather plain 

thank you again!  I'll be tweaking it eventually, to make it sound a little clearer (and to help out those really rumbly bass notes that show up in cheaper headphones), but generally, I'm glad to get this piece of soemthing on the OTHER side of the "recorded" line.  it's been on the unrecorded side for the last 2 years
#9November 8th, 2007 · 01:22 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
TLS

Here is 12:20 am,
I haven't sleep in days
I found this song and
I push play

My mind is empty
I'm flying away
you are right
this is Tonight's last song

Thank you my friend
dodo
#10December 1st, 2007 · 01:33 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Others have said it, I can only agree:
This is a lovely piece of music TLS.  Very nicely played, recorded, constructed.  It's soothingly emotive, and works very well as a solo piano performance.
Great stuff.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 6:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.