#1November 4th, 2007 · 08:45 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
The Jester

This song is not in a battle

Hopefully this will wake anyone up who fell asleep to my other tunes! Once again it's all me!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 4th, 2007 · 08:56 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
You need to bring your vocals to the forefront. That being said, this sounded like country music with distorted guiitar. :/
#3November 4th, 2007 · 09:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds real tasty!!!
Reminds me of southern rock.!!!
The harmonies are awesome,and the guitar riff is excellent!!!
Got a new fan here!
Hi marks!
Love that harmony on the vox.
Guitar solo tone is pretty good but the solo was a bit short!!!!
Great job.!!!
nice end arrangement!
#4November 4th, 2007 · 11:21 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
This rocks!

Nice arrangement and rifferey. Like the vox and the drums are cool as well. Only thing for me would be that the whole recording sounds 'distant' which loses some of the 'ballsy' sound that this piece surely deserves to be throbbing through my speakers!

I agree that the creamy solo tone is sweet; and yes it is too short! I was like don't stop

Look foward to hearing more.
#5November 5th, 2007 · 06:19 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Thanks guys! I was kinda confused about hearing that the song sounded country, I could see the vocals but not the music. Anyway, all critics are appreciated! I do agree that the vocals need a little somethin' somethin'.... I was thinkin maybe if I did them in stereo and panned them a little bit....?
#6November 5th, 2007 · 01:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
southern rock, yeah, I'm hearing that too. in a vague, semi (gladly) forgotten past I played in a band doing quite similar music. this sounds pretty well done, agreed about the vox that seem to have some kind of mild filter over them.. try compressing/eqqing them different so they sound fuller. nothing wrong with the volume thereof.

hmm cohesion, as it goes to faster part and into the end, is a little compromised. all in all a really decent take with a nice riff/groove, so just keep on rockin' and working at it, this is really not bad.
#7November 5th, 2007 · 10:00 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I really like the punchy, "grindy" riff that runs through this song. Guitar work in the initial part of the song is quite good, (guitar tone is excellent, by the way), the song has a nice hook, In my opinion you could have left off everything after 2:04. The latter part of the song (including the seemingly self-indulgent guitar lead) seems to me to be distracting, unnecessary and detracts from the total impact. My suggestion for an ending would be to simply carry the basic riff pounding along with a guitar lead (that is not so hypersonic, but still wailing...take your time and get some melody in that lead) on a "vamp" to the end.
#8November 6th, 2007 · 04:20 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Self indulgent? I think that's a matter of opinion, but in any case I will keep it in mind for the future. Can anybody tell me if there are any topics about recording, mastering, eq, and etc. in the forums?
#9November 6th, 2007 · 05:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You rock Fella.

Everything I wanted to say has been said already.

Perehaps the vox are too clean, I suppose you could take out all the reverb and add some echo, hmm,
just a thought.

Will rate

Denis
#10November 7th, 2007 · 09:14 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
shinaube wrote…
Self indulgent? I think that's a matter of opinion, but in any case I will keep it in mind for the future.

You're absolutley right. My use of the reference "self-indulgent" was presumptive and unnecessary. My apologies. I do want to stress that I really like the song, and I am impressed by your musicianship. Furthermore, I hope to hear more along these lines.
#11November 7th, 2007 · 03:54 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Jester
lots of work gone into this..............its got balls.......

just not quite hanging right in the mix on my system........
I think its all in the centre (panning)
the eq is lacking in the bottom to give it the cutting body that is lurking there........... its just a bit.......not a lot....flat sounding.............
its an exciting toon .. well played .......and executed.

i like it a lot
loads of stars

kersplash
the fish
#12November 7th, 2007 · 08:25 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
ooo i liked this so couldnt resist having a play in wavelab w/ mastering stuff

send me an email dude punkrulez@hotmail.com and ill ping it your way
#13November 7th, 2007 · 11:08 PM
2 threads
22 posts
United States of America
I'm not a fan of southern rock style music (not to say that I don't like this but as a matter of disclosure), but your structure was tight and you had a lot of variety so the song was anything but dull.  I like the musicianship and I can tell you put a lot of work into this, thank you for sharing this.
#14December 1st, 2007 · 01:25 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Love the guitar sound.
Love the structure
Love the vocal delivery
Don't like the way the vocals have been recorded!!!
Something that makes the vox sound as if they were added some time after the original recording using cheaper equipment.
Shame really, as the song itself is great.
#15December 1st, 2007 · 06:51 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
shinaube wrote…
Self indulgent? I think that's a matter of opinion, but in any case I will keep it in mind for the future. Can anybody tell me if there are any topics about recording, mastering, eq, and etc. in the forums?

Well I sort a agree...I like how the lead enters...then it sounds like a "look at me" play fast and its done..I could be mistaken but I think what Cat was trying to get across was build up to the climatic burst...slow sustained bends, artificials..legato slides..etc etc...that being said you should approach it like a story....set the mood....introduce the characters..something dramatic happens and then the plot unfolds in a glorious explosion of full on guitar climax and then it's gone and back to the regularly scheduled programming.   Nice tune...something about the vocal delivery isnt rubbing me the right way but that is all in personal taste. There's an entire section dedicated to recording and what not.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.