1 2

#1November 4th, 2007 · 08:08 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
No Etiquette Instrumental

This song is not in a battle

spoiler: *if you don't like acoustics please keep listening til the distortion kicks in!*

Hi all

Final Instrumental version of 'No Etiquette', which I have made for James to practise his vocals before he puts them down on recording.

I hope you like it - I'm pleased with the production on this one - but if you have ANY comments please leave them for me. I love everything you have to say whether it is bad or not.

Thanks

Dave

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 4th, 2007 · 08:31 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Lol.

Dark: it seems way to over powering, is that a break between vocals point?
Dark: Not a fan of the disto, but its ok
Dark: I am listening to it
DaveUK: listen for the distortion coming in
Dark: I think I liked the bassline when it was more into the open

Just for reference
#3November 4th, 2007 · 08:44 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
[about the distortion]

DaveUK: its the chorus

DaveUK: give the song some dynamics

DaveUK: i liked it that way

DaveUK: its supposed to be dramatic

#4November 4th, 2007 · 09:06 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
WOW!!!
Man, this is freakin awesome! The acoustic sound is great, love the way the distortion kicks in! The bass drum has a nice kick to it as well! Awesome job! Some vocals would be nice.
#5November 4th, 2007 · 09:45 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this track man.How did I miss this the quality is great.Wheres the vocals!My only issues is the distorted guitar tone,is bit messy for my taste.Love the pad in the background!!!!
Great song!!!High vote from me!
#6November 5th, 2007 · 02:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this Dave.

The production is spot on.

You record the acoustic the same way as I do, except I have a sure sm-57 a few inches from the hole ion the neck side and a condensor half way down the neck about a foot further away, but panned in the same way.

The electric adds great dimension, very cool, something I'm working on too.

Look forward to hearing the vox version.

Great songwriting fella

Will rate when you put up the final cut.

Denis

PS How do you manage to eliminate the clicks on the metronone when you record the acoustic?
#7November 5th, 2007 · 03:09 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hi all, thanks for comments

Denis I use the the metronome in cubase listened to through headphones. To prevent bleed into the microphones from the headphones I use closed ear headphones. The best choice however would be sound-isolating canalphones such as those from Shure or Etymotic.
#8November 5th, 2007 · 04:21 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
sound feels good
all of it feels good to my ears...your brilliant!..x..will rate.x
#9November 5th, 2007 · 04:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
DaveUK wrote…
Hi all, thanks for comments

Denis I use the the metronome in cubase listened to through headphones. To prevent bleed into the microphones from the headphones I use closed ear headphones. The best choice however would be sound-isolating canalphones such as those from Shure or Etymotic.

Thanks Dave. I saw some closed ear headphones on the net recently, the ones that took my fancy is an industry standard type, cant remember for the life of me the name of them, but they are grey with a padded
black headpiece. there was also a slightly more expensive set of the same make which were all black, supposedly have a better frequency responce.

I will deffinatly purchase a set.

Denis
#10November 7th, 2007 · 06:00 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
man, this is good.
 I look forward to hearing the vox version, but until then, the only thing i might change is to make the acoustic a tiny bit louder at the start, and possibly (imo) get the distorted guitar to come in abit more gradually, but that will probs stand out less when vox is added.

really great song

Ian
#11November 7th, 2007 · 07:27 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
yeah..
I have a comment.....

But, I don't know if you wanna hear it.......

If you really wanna hear it, I'll tell ya what it is......

What?  I can't hear ya...   What did you say???? 

You want to cheer it??  Is that what you said?????????

I don't know, I mean it's your song, I suppose you can.....

Oh, you said you want to HEAR it....  well, ok....hit play.........

But I dont know how you could record a song without hearing it.

OH.. You wanna hear my comment.... ok ok... calm down.....

This is good...... 

Wasn't that an AWESOME COMMENT???  Wasn't that SOOOOO worth waiting for????????  NO??

Ok, Let me say then that the acoustic guitar sounds wonderful, I do like the drums...  I agree with Marino on the distorted guitar, it just kind of muddles up a bit, but it works, and that's cool...  The other thing I will say, is People keep asking where the vocals are, and yet you actually put in the title INSTRUMENTAL, which makes me wonder, what people think instrumental means...  hehehe...  Seriously though, can't wait to hear James's vocals on this...  Ought to be great... 

JimK
#12November 7th, 2007 · 02:59 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
awesome, great structure, clean record

I really enjoyed this piece, it got my vote and goes direct to my playlist

see ya

dodo
#13November 7th, 2007 · 03:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: No Etiquette Instrumental
well youve got the backing down to pat............

I particularly like the 'live' feel to the drums at the beginning ........ its like the drummer is really watching whats going on........... put me out of my misery ........ is it a loop? haha ..... is it u?

really lovely production
the overdrive guitar could be a bit 'warmer' say through a 'tube'........but hey decide that after the vocs are added
look forward to added vocs....

GREAT

SPLosh

fish
#14November 7th, 2007 · 06:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Here's another one waiting for the vocal version, James has to be damn good to give this piece justice.
Really nice recording, drum, guitar, bass, structure.....and the list goes on. But then they would be, your very good at what you do. Except singing maybe! 
I find the initial distorted bit just seams to hit'ya more because it is in the beginning, it kind of becomes the song afterwards.
It does have a very British sound to it! lol Yea a bit dirty maybe compared to the clarity of the rest. But dramatic it is, so it needs bloody good vocals. Go for it James !
#15November 7th, 2007 · 06:40 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
lol, its interesting you say that it has a very british sound because it is the drive channel of a Laney amp with a Mullard valve which is about as british as you can get

thanks for the comments everyone and ill post the full version when finished
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:33 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.