#1November 4th, 2007 · 02:10 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
No Etiquette (wip)

This song is not in a battle

Hi all

Here is a work-in-progress version of our new song, No Etiquette is the working title.

So far, I just have the acoustic guitar and bass recorded. The bass is sloppy so will be redone, but it was just put down to help us get the tune in our minds.

This will be fully produced with vocals, strings, percussion/drums, and whatever else we decide to put on it in due time.

Please give any feedback you can about the song and the recording. I'm aware that it sounds a little 'bare' at the moment. That's because it is

For those of you who are interested, the acoustic was recorded in natural stereo in my new studio. I used an Audio Technica AT4040 condensor closer to the soundhole, and a Shure SM-57 closer to (and above) the neck. The mic positioning was carefully done by ear, and the parts were panned apart.
   It has no added reverb and minimal EQ work; with a little compression.

Look forward to hearing your comments. We quite like this one but hoping someone else does too lol.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 4th, 2007 · 02:32 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great song.. although only two instruments
fantastic record quality.
you know how to play and record a guitar.
vey very nice chords
bass is still a bit strong but I cant say anything more to the track in this state.
good work... go ahead
#3November 4th, 2007 · 02:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow that guitar sounds awesome.Just love it!
the chord progression is perfectly beautiful!
Great arrangements!
Wow can wait for the final version!!      

I'm Impressed
#4November 4th, 2007 · 02:37 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Now obviously this is going to go somewhere, but for the moment, while I love the sound of the acoustic, I can't stand that bass.  It's too fat and too loud.  Also, I don't like the fact that the acoustic is panned equally left to the bass panned right.  Put the acoustic up front.

Your bass is also very slightly out of tune with your guitar---it's most audible at the very start.
#5November 4th, 2007 · 03:41 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hey thanks for the comments so quickly guys I'll post it when we have the finished version!!

Yes I agree the bass is too loud Avi (have re-listened on some proper speakers); thats what happens when you mix on dodgy old headphones because the new monitors you ordered were faulty however I'm really not sure what you are listening on as the bass is not panned at all. That is purely phsycological due to the acoustic being panned a bit to the left - listen again.

I quite liked the acoustic having a slight pan to the left, this will leave more stereo 'room' for the vocals when we add them than if the acoustic was concentrated dead centre; however we'll see what happens on the finished track.

Thanks again.
#6November 4th, 2007 · 05:50 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
Germany
Wow... Very, very nice DaveUK. Im a big fan of ur music, because its my genre. Thank u for giving me a smile.
#7November 4th, 2007 · 05:59 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice clean production!  Bass seems a bit too present.  No complaints about the guitar work.  Cant comment on anything else as there is nothing else.  Oh well,  The arrangement is nice!  Good show, lets have the finished version.
#8November 4th, 2007 · 08:25 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Wow, so I listened to this and it took me tweny minutes to find something. It was fucking driving me nuts.

Goo Goo Dolls, City of Angels, Isis

I say that knowing full well that the songs sound nothing alike. I mean, maybe they're over similar chords, but thats about it. So why did i think of that song? Becuase the words that came into my head were "I just want you to know who I am."

Furthermore, I expect nothing but perfection coming from your studio. Shame on you for uploading something with unfinished bass. SHAME.
#9November 4th, 2007 · 09:18 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
This is beautiful! I love you sound, especially the acoustic.
#10December 1st, 2007 · 01:11 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hooked right from the first with this one; the guitar sounds bright and clear and is really well played.  The bass comes in perfectly (don't agree that it's too forward in the mix, I like it like that).

So, I know this is a work in progress... is it finished yet, coz it's crying out for:
    - drums
    - vocals
    - another guitar, or keys
    - (possibly) strings

But good stuff Dave.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.