#1November 3rd, 2007 · 11:00 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Aurora Australis

This song is not in a battle

This song is the opening to a series of songs I'm calling "The Colour of Music". There's going to be 11 all up, but this one is an introduction, and the last one, "Aurora Borealis" is a closing piece, and the focus is on the 9 central pieces. They're all going to be electronic, but each will represent something different to digital music. This song is Trance, others will be: Dance, Techno, Drum'n'Bass, Ambient, maybe even Industrial or House, if I can learn how to present them well enough.

Aurora Australis is the only one I've finished, but I've got a few of the others in the works.
I've got this song on newgrounds, and it's only been up for about a day, but the response so far has all been good.
I hop e you guys all like it. I'm really proud of this song.

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2007 · 11:08 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
WB!!!  SO good to have you back man!  This is some hyper trance, bruv! What do you have your BPMs set to? Love that video game sound!  You found a great mix between 8 bit and ethereal on this one!  I dig it!  Could use just a touch more panning on this one to give it a 'spacier' feel.  Overall this is really great quality!  Great song to come back with!!!
#3November 3rd, 2007 · 11:35 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
MindsAtPlay wrote…
WB!!!  SO good to have you back man!  This is some hyper trance, bruv! What do you have your BPMs set to? Love that video game sound!  You found a great mix between 8 bit and ethereal on this one!  I dig it!  Could use just a touch more panning on this one to give it a 'spacier' feel.  Overall this is really great quality!  Great song to come back with!!!

Thanks MAP.
BPMs at 180.
That opening VST reminded me of zelda, for some reason, and I had to use it. I probably could have done more with the drums, they were the same all the way through XD and, yeah, I didn't play around with the panning the effects, although I have been doing that a fair bit lately, Ishould get in the habit of messing around with those things for all of my songs.

Thanks man, so glad you like it.

WB
#4November 3rd, 2007 · 11:55 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Welcome back indeed!!
Wow WB you have definitely impressed me with this one!Awesome job,what can I say except excellent job and hi marks!
#5November 4th, 2007 · 04:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yep you have created a piece piece here. All the parts go well together.

I cant help but think a female vocal would go really well with this, never-the-less-very it's great as it is.

Enjoyable listen.

High vote

Look foward to hearing to the other 10 tracks!!

Denis
#6November 4th, 2007 · 07:17 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
yup
Immediately identified with the title .electronic trance trippy pacey piece w.b trash the arpegiators .
Good stuff looking forward to the suite .
#7November 4th, 2007 · 07:53 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
This wasn't done with a keyboard or a xylaphone type thing? You did the rapid decending notes at the start (and throughout the whole thing) all digitally?

I liked the solo-ish thing after about 2 mins in. That was cool. Maybe a bit long, but still cool.
#8November 4th, 2007 · 11:32 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
This is absolutely fantastic in the composition, the synth sounds, and the filter work. However the one thing I didn't like was the weedy kick and lack of bass. For me being dance music this could really do with some pounding low end to really drive those sweet, wide synths. I'd go back to that at mix and master until you get that punch.

I can't emphasise how much I like your synth layering though, it sounds great to me.
#9November 5th, 2007 · 01:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heyhey this is great, really sounds like typical back-in-the-day sample tracker music to me, which I can really enjoy.. Given ofcourse, this is a step up from that since it utilizes VST technology. If we only had that back in the early ninetees.. hehe.

Sounds like a plan, WB (and wb, btw), to try out the various digital music styles out there. would love to hear your take on industrial.

greetz, will rate nicely
#10November 5th, 2007 · 04:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
aaahhh gosh!
love this straight away....your extremely talented. love this melody..rythem...please dooo moreee....high rate...xxxxxxxxxxx
#11November 6th, 2007 · 02:31 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Thank you guys, I'm so glad you all like it.

Dark: It's all done on fruity loops, I wish I did have a keyboard though...

DaveUK: Ok, moar bass, I'll keep that in mind for future reference. And, yeah, I need to expand on my drum sounds.

PX: I'm actually trying to make some industrial music as I write, don't think it's turning out too bad, and it's got plenty of bass and a bit more elaborate drums (only a bit).

Marino and paganscradle: thanks for the support.

Denis and blackhatz: The rest should be on their way fairly soon, but after they're finished I may sit on them for a few days before putting them up here in case I pick up a few details I may have missed. That's what I did with this one, whereas before, I'd pretty much chuck a song up here once it was exported, and I think this is going to make a difference with my audio.

Thanks again, for all your generous comments.

WB
#12November 7th, 2007 · 12:01 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
DOOD!
SWEET!

This is amazing....   I love it....  I was never a big fan of techno/trance stuff, until I tried to do it myself, then I saw how amazingly difficult it is to compose this way, and to build it and this is incredible...  This is some seriously artistic stuff man....

Can't wait to hear the whole collection, I think that is a great idea.. blending the styles together into one collection like that, all with a central theme... slick man...

JimK
#13November 7th, 2007 · 02:58 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Great idea with the 11 song set!  Really inovative.  Looks like it's gotten off on the right foot as well.  Only criticism would be the same as Daves, and thats in the lack of bass, and maybe a bit of variation in the drums.  Only minor things, so other than that as I say, a great way to start the project off!

Kobeshi
#14November 8th, 2007 · 04:46 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nicely put together looping arpeggios, with plenty going on to keep me interested.  Mixing of different tonal sounds is excellent.
And that from me who really doesn't like dance music!!!

A couple of weekends ago, I had my daughter's 18th birthday party.  She chose all the music; every bit was either dance/trance or Drum n Bass.  I survived, but barely!!

It wasn't until I read Kobeshi's comment (and I read Dave comment too, but that didn't really sink in!) that I noticed the lack of bass... and having noticed it, then the music is diminished because of it. 
I'm sure someone of your talents would make short work of addressing this though
#15November 8th, 2007 · 05:01 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Jimk: Haha, yeah. Not too long ago, I would have agreed, but it's grown on me.
Kobeshi: Drums, bass, got it. I think I've sorted that issue with my next track, it's in the DnB genre (how appropriate, lol!)
Jiminuk: Yeah, I'm starting to enjoy the dance music now, I haven't heard much commercial stuff, but there are some really good artists who've got their music on the internet for freeeee! And so I mould my learnings from that.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'm loving that you enjoy my music.

WB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.