#1November 2nd, 2007 · 12:28 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
No One In Particular

This song is not in a battle

A Song I Started, Just thought I'd share its beginnings seeing as I havn't posted anything for so long..

Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 4th, 2007 · 09:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is a pretty awesome piece of work.A few issues on the pull out distance of the mic,some mic pops and sss sounds and the delay over used a bit .The song itself can stand on its own with a real nice organic sound on the mix.Great voice Mt.Good control and projection too!
gets nice vote,and welcome back!
#3November 4th, 2007 · 09:46 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I thought you were a drummer? Good voice.
#4November 6th, 2007 · 06:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Saw you posted, had to pop in!
You are one talented guy, love your vocal, I also really like the creativeness and the potential within the song. I Like where it's going.
You have a certain 'tension' or 'edge' in your voice which keeps the song sharp.
I like the recording quality and the delay but I can here what Marino means with the Essing and Popping, could it have come from the original vocal recording?
Really nice to see you posting again, you make some very interesting stuff, will definitely be watching out for the final release.
#5November 6th, 2007 · 11:53 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Sound Issues...
I had a gig once (amung many) and didn't have a p.a., SO I used my studio speakers, well, the tweets got kablewied, or the capasitors(corssovers) inside, so I wired them up a little differently so they still made sound. But, now the high's aren't as high as they used to, I recorded this with the speakers not headphones, now that i put on my headphones, i see the high's differences and why i have them so "high" :P

And thanx for the posts.. Just havin fun.. Work always interrupts me tho... I now don't have to work till sunday at midnight so I outta have somethin done musically by then..

We'll see that is

Laita.

Robbie
#6November 6th, 2007 · 01:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey, this is nice.  i think it's a project worth continuing, even if it takes a long time with those interruptions 

perhaps a little more control on the reverb for the vocal track would be nice.  i like it, but at times it gets a little disctracting since it's being used so commonly in the track.  Maybe it should be used to emphasise more, and to underline the track less.

i hope you get more time to work on this particular piece-- it sounds good so far!

TLS
#7November 8th, 2007 · 04:20 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What a great start to a song... would love to hear this one finished.
Your voice is good, very good really... ok there are a couple of recording issues that have been discussed, and which you're well aware.  One point that Marino makes is about the "pull out" distance from the mic... it does sound as if you're moving too far away at times, and the drop in vocals is clearly audible.
Guitar sound is good and clear, and the simple progression played well....
So where does it go from hear?

I'd like to hear a real build-up in instrumental sounds with the vocals becoming more powerful as the song progresses, drums coming in pretty dramatically etc etc.

Get it finished
#8November 8th, 2007 · 07:05 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
There is a huge amount of potential here. I love it. The instrumentation is sweet, the vocals are awesome, very wishy washy (in a good way), very emotive, sad.

Yes, please finish this, it's brilliant, yet it sounds so simple (making things sound simple is an obvious sign of professionalism).

Nice one.
#9November 8th, 2007 · 08:33 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i like this very much,straight away when i heard you sing.. i thought what a good voice! oh it ended...its short..but affective and left me wanting more.....tonight!...xxxxx
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.