#1October 27th, 2007 · 03:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Who Do you Support
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 11 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-11

Thanks Kings and The Fish for your help with the Football vioce links.

There are a couple of timing issues on the vox[recorded two seprerate vox the second part in unison and part in harmoney] I should be able to edit those bits, have to learn first.

Btw I support SPURS, but more importantly my 'FAMILY'

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 27th, 2007 · 06:17 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
sorry, I'm not on my own computer.  i'm in New York at the moment.  i've been looking and looking and I can't find the blasted headphone jack on the computer.  So, I'm posting this in order to reserve my spot in line for posting a reply to this   though I can't listen to the song, i pushed the play button and waited until it ended just for the novelty of "listening" to it without being able to hear it.  It was sorta like a moment of silence.  ... er... rather, 5 minutes and 11 seconds of silence   It was relaxing.  Thanks for posting, denis!

haha.  I'll edit this later and put my actual reply on the thread.  it might take me a week before I can do it though.

TLS

[edit]
Okay!  I like the punchiness of the drum right at the beginning.  the crowd cheers were great too, it kicked off the song with a great energy that i think lasted throughout the song.

about the lead... i'm partial to acoustic sounds, but that's just me.  i think that acoustic or electric could both do great if played right.  that being said, i still sorta like the way it's done in this arrangement.  it's really not that bad.  maybe if it were just a little clearer and higher in the mix, it would do the job.  hey.  whatever.

yeah, there is a little bit of timing work that could be done on the vocals, but generally, you did a good job with it.  if you widened it a little and had some a small (emphasis on small) reverb effect panned into one of the sides, maybe it would help the voice stand out a little more, to make it sparkle.

good job man
#3October 28th, 2007 · 04:55 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is a very nice composition. and I enjoyed hearing a doubled voice esp. with the higher notes. You should do more like this. ok timing problems all over the song but it sounds good. Although it needs a lot of work. Anyway I do like the music you played in an "easy listening" way. I like the acoustic rhythm guitar and the mix at all. The chords are put together very well. But I dont like that sound of the solo guitar and the way you played. but this is only my opinion.
Anyway good work. Waiting to hear more of you
#4October 28th, 2007 · 06:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
This is a very nice composition. and I enjoyed hearing a doubled voice esp. with the higher notes. You should do more like this. ok timing problems all over the song but it sounds good. Although it needs a lot of work. Anyway I do like the music you played in an "easy listening" way. I like the acoustic rhythm guitar and the mix at all. The chords are put together very well. But I dont like that sound of the solo guitar and the way you played. but this is only my opinion.
Anyway good work. Waiting to hear more of you

I totally agree with you about the lead guitar, I think it's mainly the tone? Perhaps it may sound better
if I did an acoustic lead?. Or fhatten up the electric.

Can anyone else suggest how to improve or change the lead guitar.

Cheers
#5October 28th, 2007 · 07:28 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis you have some real cool stuff going on in here.but some of of your arrangements are just nothing short of amazing.Great track all together.Wow!!!
You're like a witting machine man.This gets great marks!
PD
Try taking some of the tone down on the guitar to kind of muffle the twine a bit,see if that works!
#6October 28th, 2007 · 07:32 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
absolutely love it denis!
in the begininng it sounds like that one song "Hey Mickey"
but its great.
your voice is amazing and although there are a few issues with the guitar it's still good man.
will rate
keep up the amazing work :]
#7October 29th, 2007 · 01:16 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice, driving tune! I like how you did the vocals. The arrangement is basic but very effective, I do agree about that lead guitar. It doesn't have enough spunk to come off as lead, it's more like a rhythm guitar doing occasional solo thingies. Which means adding a real lead would not be a bad idea.

Overall this has a great positive vibe to it and is a very pleasant listening experience. Well done!
#8October 29th, 2007 · 03:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes, how very positive, you should try and enter it as the official Olympics song!
I like the lead guitar (but I'm not a guitarist!) it's not in-your-face and 'look-at-me', has a Beatles softness to it. Just like a rhythm guitar doing a lead !
The samples worked out well, though you could have taken more time about it :]
The only problem I foresee is if both sides know the words.
Another really nice song Denis, Cheers
#9October 29th, 2007 · 04:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Yes, how very positive, you should try and enter it as the official Olympics song!
I like the lead guitar (but I'm not a guitarist!) it's not in-your-face and 'look-at-me', has a Beatles softness to it. Just like a rhythm guitar doing a lead !
The samples worked out well, though you could have taken more time about it :]
The only problem I foresee is if both sides know the words.
Another really nice song Denis, Cheers

Hmmm Olympics, Could sing it in as many languages see fit, know that would be a challenge,
Anybody up for collabing on that???

Ok, I'll try and redo the lead guitar.

I need to redo the Vox and the sample at the end has two mixed together, I think I'll just have
one, not sure what else I can do with the samples other than searching for more to find something better??

Cheers
#10October 29th, 2007 · 10:13 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice work here Denis...real good flow ...nice vocals they work well with this ..as they work well with all of your music...this is really nice..I have no sugesstion as to adding to this or making any changes..I just like what Im hearing...it has that classic sound Denis, and a great ending...very nice Denis..one for my playlist...well one thing..maybe a acoustics lead would work better...been away for a few days here...I havent forgot about the lyrics Denis

Flyer

will rate
#11November 6th, 2007 · 01:09 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
* bump *

i edited my post, denis.  good work 
#12November 6th, 2007 · 06:12 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Denis! I have alot of respect for your abilities, man!  Nice clean playing! Love the versatility!

Edit: Came back cause I forgot to vote on this one!!!  Hi ratings!
#13November 7th, 2007 · 06:48 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I concur...
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Denis! I have alot of respect for your abilities, man!  Nice clean playing! Love the versatility!

Dude.... I can always count on your songs to put a smile on my face, and to ooze with talent. You have done so again. This is a great little tune, At first I wasn't real sure about that drum track but It really does work well with the song.... This could definitely work for allot of things like the Olympics, or any championship playoffs,

Nice.....
          JimK
#14November 7th, 2007 · 04:39 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Who Do you Support
great piece of work .................. feels like Daltrey working upto a major lick...so ...... i think its a very good song but the lyrics are sounding a bit tooooo 'nice'.........yep thats it .............it sounds 'sweet'
footy fans dont ask this question like this...............excuse me please ........' who do you support'
u need a nutter to sing this one in yer face.............
many miles in this as a demo.........more crowd samples .............please
Lets get UNITED......great line........hey Im a NUTTER............HAHA
many stars and a PM from me

Fish
#15November 8th, 2007 · 03:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Who Do you Support
swordfish wrote…
great piece of work .................. feels like Daltrey working upto a major lick...so ...... i think its a very good song but the lyrics are sounding a bit tooooo 'nice'.........yep thats it .............it sounds 'sweet'
footy fans dont ask this question like this...............excuse me please ........' who do you support'
u need a nutter to sing this one in yer face.............
many miles in this as a demo.........more crowd samples .............please
Lets get UNITED......great line........hey Im a NUTTER............HAHA
many stars and a PM from me

Fish

The song was really set out as a general 'who do you support theme', which suites my style as you have mentioned

That's not to say your comments on a 'Nutter' [lol] to sing the song, together with some real football song terrace samples, wouldn't work.

So if anybody out there thinks they are crazy [lol] enough to have a go, let me know

Thanks for your support [oops], didn't mean to be that corney, but I've said it now.

Cheers

Denis
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.