1 2

#1October 25th, 2007 · 12:05 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Dreaming

This song is not in a battle

Seasonally inspired. My favorite is from about 6:00 until the end. That's where I feel the song really finds itself.

I was able to sneak home a couple days ago and record this one. I was supposed to be at work but I called in sick. Sure wish I could do that every day...

btw - This song is dedicated to Mud for his help with my uploading problems. Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 25th, 2007 · 08:37 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
That was amazing!
Love that creepy cadence at the beginning.
And I just have to say that I love the way you make arrangements to your songs; you know exactly how to place each sound.
And well, the recording quality is anything but professional.
Great done, genius!

> Iszil
#3October 25th, 2007 · 08:43 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Wonderful recording like the groove in the 3:40's.

Bring up your voice.
#4October 26th, 2007 · 12:47 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Ok, this sounds cool...

The intro is a bit too long and those strings didn't sound very fitting at the beggining (although they are more than ok a few seconds later) 

Greeat vocal line youy have done here man!! Reminded me a song from the beatles, but i can't remember the name.

Very nice groove, as theotherguy said.  I always think of Ratatat with your beats.

Overall, this may not be as tight as some other songs of yours (I keep a couple of them on my mp3 player) but it's still really good.  I'm glad you took the time to record something new.

Oh, and i think that the best moment of the song is when the violin starts at about 6:30... it's perfect from there.

Five stars.
#5October 26th, 2007 · 01:08 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I think you mean "Strawberry Fields" by the Beatles, Aetheris
Nice work again Tak...Just need to bring up the vocals a bit to the front ..But I see that your opening up more with the vocals...Cool...you have the voice to do it....dont hold back..Liking the Violin

Flyer

Will Rate
#6October 26th, 2007 · 12:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Keep up songwriting dude.

You are an inpiration to this site.

You are a gifted songwriter.

I love it all, it speaks a great story, oh yes the violin is rather sweet.

MAGNIFICENT.

Very high rating

Denis
#7October 26th, 2007 · 01:18 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
well I do not like all of your tunes... and the intro is way too long imo
but this one is amazing.. you have all what a serious musician needs..
great ideas, an own style of arrangements, nice voice and probably a professional recording gear
#8October 26th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Your vocals have changed a lot.

But the imagery that comes with your tunes is still there, strong as ever. It's changing, but for the better. Somehow you use all these different sounds together in perfect harmony...they are all always cooperating...
#9October 26th, 2007 · 02:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i have just been gripped
i feel completely taken in..i am loving it more and more as i listen to it...definatly got me dreaming,so inspirational.gosh this ending is lovely.xxx wow!!! high rating for you...x
#10October 29th, 2007 · 07:45 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
It is a bit long, but its also fantastic. So the longer the better imo.

Keep uploading

Ian
#11October 29th, 2007 · 12:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah, this is brilliant... I love how it builds up. Great vocal effects, I understand what people mean when they say they want it clean and up front, but I also agree with your choice to do it like this.

Drum sounds are a bit too "clean", especially the snare. It takes away from the dreaminess and makes it sound more sober.. IMO.

I give ya a great score for overall musicality and arrangement, but I take a little bit off for that drum sound. The end is too short even tho the song was long, but I could've listened for minutes more of that.

If I'd mix this in a DJ set I would definately take something off the intro.

Don't get me wrong, I think your stuff is really good! So you're getting a very good rating.
#12October 29th, 2007 · 03:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is like the Beatles meats Red Hot Chilly Peppers and go to town with a sequencer :]
So for how long were you walking around with this in your head, before you had a chance to sneak off ?
You're a Music Machine (I've already said that your talented) , you just keep on turning out beautiful creations, whether it's the sound of your cupboard door closing or a whole pantheon of instruments you still turn up trumps!
#13August 25th, 2008 · 01:59 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
Netherlands
Dont know about 'The Beatles' part, but a great song all together.

How about having some reverb on the drums, I find them a little too clean. But thats just my taste.

When are you gonna cut that album?
#14August 25th, 2008 · 04:12 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Dreaming
I think college is doing you good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
fish
#15August 28th, 2008 · 05:05 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
reminding me of welcome to the machine by pink floyd almost
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.