#1October 22nd, 2007 · 06:03 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Missing

This song is not in a battle

I've been working on this piano song for a few months now, on and off. It's has a few takes, so it's a bit fragmented, and my recording equipment may sound a bit hissy (it's my laptop microphone, so the fan is audible).

Do you guys have any ideas for how it could end? Or perhaps other ideas. Kinda got stuck.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 22nd, 2007 · 07:21 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love the feel on this piece.Sort of longing at times.Yeah I know what you mean about fragments,as soon I get hooked on the melody it snaps to next(LOL).Would love to hear a clear ,clean and complete version of this.Maybe with out the delay to get a more organic feel to it could also work. Anyway great job.

Special thx for all you're doing for us!!!!!

Marino
#3October 22nd, 2007 · 08:25 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
Did you add delay intentionally? in 1:38 it messes the song too much. You should try re-recording it without stopping and starting again. Just straight to the end. If you can record it in midi i can mix it with some samples if you want.
#4October 22nd, 2007 · 01:12 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
nice emotions... but very rough cuts between the samples...
needs strings
#5October 22nd, 2007 · 01:31 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Oo, I like.  Sounds very classical, in a way, but modern at the same time. 

Hey, one of my personal favorite transition ideas is to get quieter, or simplify to just a one-handed melody so that it can build into an easy keychange (or position on the piano, as your third section does-- it goes into that higher part that JorgeBoscan commented on).  Maybe some tempo lag would be good too, and then break back into the next section, recovering the full tempo.  The song that I most recently uploaded, [The End of Tribulation], was originally about 3 songs, but as time went on, I merged them together and tried to work on some transitions.  I didn't want to sacrifice the key signature or rhythm of any of the sections/movements, so I had to find ways to make it all fit together without losing the feeling and emotion that I had created the song with.  I think you probably share a similar ideal for this song!

I think it ought to end with a rolling up and down thing, wacking some nice high chords before falling back down to some low ones.  I think the final chord ought to be quieter, and an up-beat, leaving that little questionmark of sorts into the air.

aside from that, I really like this song-- it's very full sounding.  The delay is nice, though a little strong in that 3rd section, at the 1:38 mark.  Amazing melodies though.  I'm glad to hear stuff from you again, mud!  I'm happy that I've stuck around this long!  I plan on being here much longer, too

TLS
#6October 23rd, 2007 · 10:20 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I agree with TLS
"Sounds very classical, in a way, but modern at the same time"

Actually with the flaws you mentioned about the recording...
this is really nice....I hope your able to get this recorded again
I think that its well worth the time to do so...

Flyer

will rate
#7October 23rd, 2007 · 04:12 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Almost Baroque sounding, i love this tune, made me sway to and fro i quite like it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.