#1October 18th, 2007 · 02:04 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
New Obsession-Demo
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-11

Another attempt at a pop love song...or something to that effect.
Oh, yes, its a demo. So not the best quality. Also, kinda put together some instruments that are totally non-intuitive.

Lyrics for those who care

New Obsession
Lyrics and Music by Art Of Being

I've just found a new obsession
Its in dreams and flying cars
I've just realized potential
In you

I've got a basic fantasy
In a technicolor dream
I've just realized what matters
In blue

Chorus
If you close your eyes for me
In you hastened decency
And Your flights of fantasy
Come true
Oh oh

I've got a basket full of pennies
To buy the moon and space in tune
Theres no one else to bid on
But you

I've scared everything I know
No matter how you see
It feels like everyone is gone
But you

Chorus

If you Close you eyes for me
In you loving constancy
In you dreams of reality
Come true

Look what you've done

I've come undone

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 18th, 2007 · 03:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great song, your vox are superb, like the bongos

It feels as though it's building up for some drums and a bit of grungey electric guitar in the chorus.

Really like the song.

Will rate.

Denis
#3October 18th, 2007 · 06:10 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very nice .. great vocals  and cool lyrics,   decent mix ... great job gets high vote.
#4October 21st, 2007 · 09:33 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Your voice is a little Bob Dylan-ish, plus the harmonica in the background enhances it haha.. i like it a lot
#5November 6th, 2007 · 02:38 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Not a fan a pop love songs(not a huge fan of pop music, not a huge fan of love songs) but at least I'd look forward to hearing this on the radio as one of those tracks I'd never listen to at home but secretly quite like.
Anyway, I like the lyrics. Sweet use of the english lanquidge, not too cliched(yep, I'm stil apauling at spelling).
Has a nice feel to it and I actually think the instruments work really well together. Posibly a bit of twidling needs but far from bad and you said it was a demo anyway.
And I see what martin28b means about the Dylan thing.

Rated.
KI
#6November 8th, 2007 · 04:31 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yes, the vocals are very Dylan-esque!  This is a pretty good song, certainly the recording of all instruments are clear, and the mix is spot on to my ears.
BUT.....
I find the delivery and playing just a little boring too. Now that may just be the mood I'm in at the moment, but the song itself doesn't grab me.  I think that's mainly because it's on the repetitive side, with little to give me (the listener) a rest.
A tough one to rate for me.. but the playing, singing, recording, mixing etc are all good - just the song construction lets it down a little. 
Hmmmm, where to vote, where to vote?

#7November 8th, 2007 · 05:04 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Great song to just relax and chill to. I love that soft poppy feel to songs, I don't know of too many mainstream bands that go with this style, but the ones that do turn out really good.
Good luck finishing this song off. Very enjoyable.
#8November 8th, 2007 · 08:39 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
i think your very talented! i like this a lot.i do love your style..will rate
#9November 8th, 2007 · 11:09 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
martin28b wrote…
Your voice is a little Bob Dylan-ish, plus the harmonica in the background enhances it haha.. i like it a lot
Dylan-ish? Wow. Thank you. I guess I have a range, lol. never has my voice been called Dylan-ish ever before. But thank you for the compliment.
#10November 8th, 2007 · 02:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
No I don't hear Dylan! Something in the style maybe?? Dylan has a nasal thing going on.
I really like your song it's catchy and flows on relentlessly. You have a nice style, and a good voice.
There's a good reason why your in my favourites  
#11November 11th, 2007 · 02:03 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I would say
Honestly, I can hear the Dylan-ish thing, but I was thinking more Jakob Dylan, the Youngest son of Bob.. And the lead singer of the Wallflowers, which this song reminds me of... I would say this is actually something that could be found in their setlist. I know what JiminUK is saying about the boring repetitive thing, but actually I believe that was more his mood right then that made him really feel that strong about it to write it. I think given the right mood, he would find it a song he could sing along with. Which is the goal of a song like this. So I think you have reached that, and as for the quality, it really isn't that bad. It's pretty good really. I think this will get a fairly high rating from me...  yes.. I do believe it will

JimK
#12November 13th, 2007 · 09:20 AM
8 posts
United States of America
what I think
I think that it was good it could of been a little faster

Pink Fashion  
#13November 13th, 2007 · 11:13 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I agree with Kings.I dont heart the Dylan thing at all...I do hear a Beatles sound in there   ever so slight  ..but I hear it...I like this....this is a very clear recording..the song flows really well...nice vocals..and I like the lyrics...

nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#14November 20th, 2007 · 11:07 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
re: I would say
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Honestly, I can hear the Dylan-ish thing, but I was thinking more Jakob Dylan, the Youngest son of Bob.. And the lead singer of the Wallflowers, which this song reminds me of... I would say this is actually something that could be found in their setlist. I know what JiminUK is saying about the boring repetitive thing, but actually I believe that was more his mood right then that made him really feel that strong about it to write it. I think given the right mood, he would find it a song he could sing along with. Which is the goal of a song like this. So I think you have reached that, and as for the quality, it really isn't that bad. It's pretty good really. I think this will get a fairly high rating from me...  yes.. I do believe it will

JimK

Jakob Dylan!! Yes, I'll take that. Thanks!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.