Sounds

This song is not in a battle

Yep.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 16th, 2007 · 07:27 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i think that's a keyboard being button-mashed, but then i thought it was popcorn for a minute... now i'm thinking it's a keyboard.

interesting, to say the least..  artistically, i can appreciate this, though i tend to like things that you can put on a staff and then play

hm.. that was an interesting 2:12 experience.  i'm not sure how to go about rating this..

did you have any particular goals in the recording process?  maybe that would help me know what about the track i should pay attention to...?

later!

TLS
#3October 16th, 2007 · 07:31 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Nope not really, I just told you that I was about to upload my song, then I made it, then I uploaded it . Uploaded about a minute after I made it.
#4October 16th, 2007 · 07:32 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmmmmm......
#5October 16th, 2007 · 07:36 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
are we sure that this doesn't fall under "spam"?   if not, then perhaps we ought to petition for a new section on the forums for this sort of thing 
#6October 16th, 2007 · 07:36 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
  nice! lol

I started to hit my keybord and i think i can play your song now; anyway, do you have the tabs? 

No, seriously this is a nice ambiance track that I'd love to hear as a soundtrack for something....

EDIT: Music doesn't have to be something you worked on for months...
EDIT 2: Is this music?
#7October 16th, 2007 · 07:38 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Nah no tabs yet But if you want to make a tab from it then feel free!

It's quite a good song.. catchy too!
#8October 16th, 2007 · 07:42 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
EDIT: Music doesn't have to be something you worked on for months...
EDIT 2: Is this music?

haha, hence my spam question :P

no worries
#9October 17th, 2007 · 08:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom

Sounds like a wind-up
#10October 18th, 2007 · 05:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Years ago we used to sit around stoned for hours recording loads of poems, songs and other strange things,
anyway one day someone started tapping the microphone stand then someone else joined in then I started scratching some spring or other and the microphone gauze with a pen, so you can imagine the amount and nature of the sound, especially played back later !!!!!
It starts off spontaneously as nothing but a wall of sound which gradually turns into a rhythmic and trance like 'wall of sound' ! Seriously, I still have it on a tape somewhere!
It always reminded me of an early Pink Floyd number, it's either 'Careful with that axe Eugene' or 'Grooving in a pit with lots of furry animals', you know the bit when he goes "Hatatatat HatTat Tieeeee" !!  

Music? Well it has a beginning and an end, it has rhythm, as such and it has intention !!!
And there's even an effect to it !
Spam ? ? Why ?
A new form, called "Collaboration Review"? Yes please! Or some kind of genre/type cataloguing system.
#11October 19th, 2007 · 12:12 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
a genre catalogue was suggested back in the day, but we found that many of the songs where pretty unique and hard to classify accurately, even given 2 or 3 genres each.  Each artists sort of had it's own genre :P  And the songs are already classified by Artist, so the effort was abandoned.

I yield to your statement about spam, kings 
#12October 19th, 2007 · 01:14 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I can't give this a rating---hell, not even a real critique---because despite everything, to me, this is noise.  Not music: not ambient, soundtrack-y or new-age music. Noise.  If this is music---of any form---then the sounds emanating from my keyboard right now compare favorably to "Moonlight Sonata".  No offense Peter, but that's where I stand in this situation.

However, if I was...under an influence...this would flip me out.  If anything, I'd say that's a win.  Take it and run.
#13October 19th, 2007 · 06:22 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, well, this reminds me of pink floyds "animals in a cave grooving with a pict" (love the scottish man on the end of that track, classic, lol) as kings said. Also of floyds crazy breakfast song on atom heart mother, that type of ambient background noise.

whether this genre is music or not, well we could all debate that for years, but i have no quarrels with you uploading it. In fact, i think its fun, interesting and something a bit different.

Ian
#14October 19th, 2007 · 06:59 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
lol yeah worth a try?

It's just something while I get a better song recorded

Coming sooon.

#15October 19th, 2007 · 01:53 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
avinashv wrote…
I can't give this a rating---hell, not even a real critique---because despite everything, to me, this is noise.  Not music: not ambient, soundtrack-y or new-age music. Noise.  If this is music---of any form---then the sounds emanating from my keyboard right now compare favorably to "Moonlight Sonata".  No offense Peter, but that's where I stand in this situation.

However, if I was...under an influence...this would flip me out.  If anything, I'd say that's a win.  Take it and run.

Well, basically there's a genre called noise, i have a friend that made an album of that. And this doesn't compare to that. Even though this is some random keyboard pressing buttons, it has something catchy on it. Maybe is the process of the fx or something
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.