#1October 15th, 2007 · 09:05 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
If You Give a Mouse a C..

This song is not in a battle

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

(you'll have to give him a glass of milk)

A mouse creeps though a dark kitchen at night and finds a cookie. Solo guitar. The recording is quiet and staticy... let's just pretend it's artistic license until I get a decent microphone. Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 16th, 2007 · 12:34 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
re: If You Give a Mouse a C..
haha, kind of neat   it's rather short, but i don't get the vibe like this was intended to have a colossal length!

this sounds like something that would entertain a listener in a goofy Final Fantasy series cutscene.  My brother is playing FFIX in the other room, and honestly, i thought it fit perfectly

DTF wrote…
let's just pretend it's artistic license until I get a decent microphone. Enjoy.

haha, fair enough.  you all will have to do the same for me when i post one of my other songs-- the recording came out rather quiet, and thus the background hiss was rather strong.  It's hard to get around that sometimes.  i know you didn't intend to put the hiss and static there, so i'll overlook that in my rating.

this would have required another guitar, but i think that 0:29 to 0:44 could have used a little bit of bass to keep the fullness of the sound as the lead guitar does its high part.  nothing too dramatic-- just a little something to preserve the sound

generally, though-- i like it!  it's nice to escape the ridgidness of the "look, i hate you, girl, and i want to leave you" tracks.  thanks for uploading this

TLS
#3October 16th, 2007 · 01:17 PM
20 posts
United States of America
All in a mouses night
That was nice, I liked that but why did it have to end so abruptly, I was also expecting an epic tale of mouse and magic with plot lines and NPCs and maybe even a war or 2

Keep it up though, I likeee a lotteeee.

Eric
#4October 16th, 2007 · 02:42 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool little guitar diddy..  nice playing.. reminds me of old cartoon music (maybe the cat thing influenced that).
love to hear some more guitar work from you as your a very fine guitarist.

i vote
greg
#5October 16th, 2007 · 03:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I ditto Toastedgoat's coments, I could imagine this in a Tom & Jerry Cartoon.

Cool

Will Rate.

Denis
#6October 16th, 2007 · 05:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Kinda makes me feel like walking in Venice...
I liked it, cause of the simplicity and the catchy melody.

> Iszil
#7November 5th, 2007 · 08:37 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Very cool! Pretty upity and humorus!
#8September 28th, 2008 · 03:27 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very nice playing skills and knowledge of music..  seems like most people don't appreciate this music any more, and it can be quite complicated to play without sounding like it.   very good song, I love it .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.