1 2

#1October 10th, 2007 · 04:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wind-UP w synth

This song is not in a battle

David Newby has kindly added the synth work on this piece.

Not sure wheather to add vox.

Sounds best at high volume, preferably on a decent high-fi system with good bass, at lesat thats what I found.

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 11th, 2007 · 02:22 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I think adding vox would be a good idea....This can stand alone w/o vox actually. Denis

Flyer

Will Rate
#3October 11th, 2007 · 04:28 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Wind-UP w synth
well ive listened to it about 5 or six times bak2bak so i guess its very good .........synth doesnt sound like its been bolted on so hi vote from me

very good guitR AS EVER

Thanks denis

must meet up sometime!!

the fish
#4October 12th, 2007 · 07:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I don't know about the synths !! 
some of it I like other bits sound too 'put in later'
I've listen to this SO often since you first put it up, not only enjoying it but also listening for lyrics, I keep on wanting to go off on "You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed." or "Hey you out there in the cold..." or even "wrong do it again" LOL
#5October 12th, 2007 · 08:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
I don't know about the synths !! 
some of it I like other bits sound too 'put in later'
I've listen to this SO often since you first put it up, not only enjoying it but also listening for lyrics, I keep on wanting to go off on "You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed." or "Hey you out there in the cold..." or even "wrong do it again" LOL

Yesterday I asked Flyer if he could have a go at the lyrics. He said to give him a few days.

"Hey you out there in the cold..." or even "wrong do it again" [I like these line's] the first phrase "You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.", is great, but may be difficult to work with musicaly or not so much difficult, but challenging, simply because it's a long phrase. If it were cut up and moved around, it would be easier to work with. Hope that makes sence.

It would be great to have lyrics to this song, I would really enjoy singing to it. I could have a go myself at writing some song wrords, but my English is limited, it would be nice to have something that can be appriciated.

I would love to work on a song with you Kings one day, We'll see how Flyer gets on, perhaps you an Flyer can work on it together?

Cheers me ol' mucka

Denis
#6October 12th, 2007 · 09:52 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
wow, this is a long way from the holiday type music that u used to play. although that was good too.
 This is really cool.

getting a very floydy vibe. hence i guess the "hey you, out there in the cold" form Kings (from the album 'the wall', song 'hey you').

This would suit lyrics

Ian
#7August 12th, 2008 · 06:38 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
sugoi
This is very cool denis san

Great groove and the atmos compliments the feel beautifully
 , wow sweet arrangement
where are you taking this little gem ?

#8August 13th, 2008 · 02:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: sugoi
yokoinc wrote…
This is very cool denis san

Great groove and the atmos compliments the feel beautifully
 , wow sweet arrangement
where are you taking this little gem ?

:D

Last year [2007] was a mad year for writing songs, I was on a roll, it was greatr fun.  This year I'm learning two new instruments plus next month going to learn about video production in the hope I can produce Music Video's.
I think this is the future for musicians, it's the best way to express yourself, Audio & visual. As for this song I have'nt got the time to expand on my songs, although I think It's just that I just like creating new things all the time, perhaps someone will collab on some of my songs
#9August 13th, 2008 · 04:37 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Gotta agree mate , we are currently searching 4 director for new BhTz vid ,and as I said before like the videos get far more hits via youtube etc, but also community mucic tv programs which will give vids a run .
good luck mate oh yeah
this is top stuff you are a class act.

#10August 13th, 2008 · 03:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
blakhatz wrote…
Gotta agree mate , we are currently searching 4 director for new BhTz vid ,and as I said before like the videos get far more hits via youtube etc, but also community mucic tv programs which will give vids a run .
good luck mate oh yeah
this is top stuff you are a class act.

:D

Cool, wish you the best on the video's, have you thought about learning to produce your own?
I can't wait to start myself, it's going to be fun for one thing, just need to buy a few more things. I have learned a lot about production techniques on You tube, there are some talented people on there and producing video's cheap.
Perhaps BandAMP can create a music video community web site??? There is enough talent here, just need the passion and will to do it.

Latrz

Denis
#11August 17th, 2008 · 04:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Seems odd to me that I never picked this one up first time around!  It's really excellent - I love the blending of guitar and syth plus the additional sounds which paint a really interesting soundscape.
Were vocals ever added?  It almost feels like it can survive without - but it's likely that vocals would lift the piece even more.
Fab playing, great structure.
Thoroughly enjoyed listening.
#12August 17th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jiminuk wrote…
Seems odd to me that I never picked this one up first time around!  It's really excellent - I love the blending of guitar and syth plus the additional sounds which paint a really interesting soundscape.
Were vocals ever added?  It almost feels like it can survive without - but it's likely that vocals would lift the piece even more.
Fab playing, great structure.
Thoroughly enjoyed listening.
:)

If anybody wants to have a go at lyrics on this song, please do have a go and perhaps somebody with a good rock vox could finish it off.  I just haven't got the time at the moment.

Thank for the commments Jim

Cheers

Denis
#13August 18th, 2008 · 07:03 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Australia
Indeed, very Pink Floyd.......But it's about time we got some new floyd stuff going.  Go for it.
#14August 18th, 2008 · 02:53 PM
373 posts
China
Beautiful song Mr. Denis.... It's wide open for vocal intepretations.... I've been toying with singing with it... It's got great potentional for vox.... A very inspirational piece of music indeed!

Fei Cheng Hao!
#15August 18th, 2008 · 03:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
jackfancy wrote…
Beautiful song Mr. Denis.... It's wide open for vocal intepretations.... I've been toying with singing with it... It's got great potentional for vox.... A very inspirational piece of music indeed!

Fei Cheng Hao!

Hey Jack would be nice to see what you can do with the song, please have a go. Please note I'll be away for 1 week from 21 st Aug.

Cheers

Denis
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.