#1October 8th, 2007 · 03:21 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
United Kingdom
Repatitar
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-10

A weird Aphex Twin style groove I made on Reason.  Sort of drum 'n' bass but mostly experimental electro.  Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did creating it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 8th, 2007 · 04:11 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Very cool beats, and the effects are nice too.  I would like to hear something more "leading" in front of everything or otherwise a wider ambient to complete the athmosphere...

P.S. I'm listening on crappy speakers, so that may be the reason i'm missing something on the song. I'll listen to it again when i get home.
#3October 9th, 2007 · 01:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
⇒ Very cool song. I liked the beginning a lot, it gets a bit confusing after a while and a bit long, it does come back though ! lol
I really expected more to come in after the roll (1:30).
Your break beat is damn good.
And I love the sweep pan effect.
#4October 10th, 2007 · 01:58 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this. For me it coulda done with a fat bass line and some fatter synths.  It's awesome in terms of the beat and the general melodic progression and synth sounds... it just seems very 'thin' to me.
#5October 10th, 2007 · 03:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Superb rhythms and good blend of synth sounds

I agree with Dave it sounds thin, you should easily be able phatten it up with your reason software

Will rate

Denis
#6October 10th, 2007 · 07:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the advice dudes...

When I wrote this song it originally had a massively phat bass line with loads of sub bass, but it didn't really fit the style of the song (Although right at the end you can hear the sub bass once, as it would have been throughout the song).  I know it doesn't go any where but I am studying composition skills in a few months time at uni amongst other music related topics.  This song was never really meant to be a song, more an experiment of how far I could push the effects and drum sequencing modules/software within reason.  It ended up as more of a test for the processor on my old laptop though! It crashed 8 times in one hour! And it was always between 3:54 - 4:18 when the automation for the drum programing and frequency cutting effects get really heavy.

Any way will take all this in to account for the song I'm currently writing.
Take care all,
Joey
#7October 12th, 2007 · 03:19 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Nice clean production.  It could've used some additional elements as things progressed, but overall I enjoyed it.  I could've appreciated a nice sustained bassline and some more synth work...  but i like the work you did with what was there.  nice and minimal.  I like it.  Good show, man.  Lets hear some more.
#8October 16th, 2007 · 06:28 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Nice!
Not really my favorite genre but cool nonetheless!
#9May 10th, 2009 · 07:45 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Fiji Islands
faaaarout the effects are supersick... i cant offerr much advice on the mix of the beat... but yea the distortions are pretty cool
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.