#1October 1st, 2007 · 12:29 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
My first vocal ever (OMG)

This song is not in a battle

Hi all

This is the first time I have *ever* recorded my voice in a song. It is the short piano piece I uploaded earlier with my vocals on it.

I know I can't sing. I used to love singing but it's been several years since I sang anything. I also didn't use any Autotune on this or any crap like that because I want constructive criticism to improve my voice. And yes I know I start off a little flat.

Please be nice, but any suggestions will help. If you all turn round and say 'stick to the guitar, dave', then I will

Lyrics for anyone who cares (about a guy who cheated). It is called 'Find the Words':

I don't want to have this cross to bear
Whenever I see you standing there
She didn't matter to me, and I know I should tell you
But I just can't find the words

Thanks

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 1st, 2007 · 01:02 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
This is a bit rich coming from me, but here goes:

Sing louder, clearer and it sounds a bit like you are eating the mic.  I've been told and consequently found that over-articulated my mouth when making the sounds helps a little bit.

It's all about the confidence.
#3October 1st, 2007 · 01:21 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
thanks mate, will work on it.
#4October 1st, 2007 · 02:37 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
i know im only supposed to comment on the singing, but its really beautifull music, is it your own creation?
 i agree with Avi, youre voice sounds quite breathy, but im not the best person to give advice on singing. I guess this is the hardest step though, to put your voice out for criticism for the first time.

Ian
#5October 1st, 2007 · 02:40 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
thankyou very much for the xomments. yes this is my own composition and arrangement, got my new midi keyboard today. strangely it just came to me...
#6October 1st, 2007 · 02:45 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
i just seen ur other post with the same music. i think you should deffinatly develop this into a full song, its got soo much potential for some beautiful orchestration.
#7October 1st, 2007 · 03:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You should be in a boy band lol!
That was a really nice piece of music and you just don't sing enough if you ask me!
People shouldn't whistle they should sing !! lol
It's really short.
You have a style very similar to RazoR, your vocally similar too.
#8October 1st, 2007 · 05:03 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like this one already....The piano sounds really nice Dave....the flow and structure are nice also....your singing is fitting to this song...I like the talking singing effect...nice lyrics too

yeah I agree with Kings   your vocals are along the way of Razor...and hes pretty good

Flyer    will rate
#9October 1st, 2007 · 06:48 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
If I might say I think you're singing with your "talking voice" instead of your singing voice if you know what I mean you need to open your throat and go for it
Sing load and proud!
you might struggle to control it at first but with a bit of practice I'm sure you will come out with something good as your pitch is good already
don't be shy go for it and you might surprise yourself and us at the same time
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.