#1September 30th, 2007 · 02:19 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Hallow Tech

This song is not in a battle

Well. I think this is a good halloween type of technoy music. I did try to put more focus on figuring out what should be the climax of my song. Because the end is the most simplest to work on, there is one on the end. Hopefully I have succeeded well.

Enjoy this piece!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 30th, 2007 · 04:54 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
well composed, and well arranged. also a good mix, kick seems at the right level for me (a common problem) and the synth sounds are well chosen, although perhaps a little dry and could maybe do with a little EQ.

I like the to-fro stereo effect at the end on the synth, popping from the left channel to the right channel - it is something I used to do using automation on the pan-o-matic plugin with FL, although I expect you did it differently.

If I had to try and find any criticisms (which isn't easy to be honest) I would say that the waspy bass doesnt actually have much bass - it could really be fatter for this music. A good way of improving that would be to have the exact same melodic line put through a second synth (with a bassier preset instead of the waspy one) so that they are layered together.

I'd also spend a bit more time with the mastering to get it really leaping wide and proud out of the speakers. Currently the master is tight and reserved in terms of stereo wideness and dynamics... but maybe a tiny bit *too* tight and reserved, if you catch my drift? You want it really pumping!!!

In all an awesome track.
#3September 30th, 2007 · 05:20 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
DaveUK wrote…
well composed, and well arranged. also a good mix, kick seems at the right level for me (a common problem) and the synth sounds are well chosen, although perhaps a little dry and could maybe do with a little EQ.

I like the to-fro stereo effect at the end on the synth, popping from the left channel to the right channel - it is something I used to do using automation on the pan-o-matic plugin with FL, although I expect you did it differently.

If I had to try and find any criticisms (which isn't easy to be honest) I would say that the waspy bass doesnt actually have much bass - it could really be fatter for this music. A good way of improving that would be to have the exact same melodic line put through a second synth (with a bassier preset instead of the waspy one) so that they are layered together.

I'd also spend a bit more time with the mastering to get it really leaping wide and proud out of the speakers. Currently the master is tight and reserved in terms of stereo wideness and dynamics... but maybe a tiny bit *too* tight and reserved, if you catch my drift? You want it really pumping!!!

In all an awesome track.

I use ReFX Nexus VSTi plugin for creating my music. It has a bunch of stuff with it. Unfortunately no percussion. The percussion that comes with FLS is not that great and is not even high enough quality to match up to Nexus plugins. In order to get the percussion loud enough, you have to turn the volume on them up, which isn't very good. With ReFX Nexus you can use Current Project > Generators to have a higher quality control on Nexus plugins output.

Unfortunately I do not have much percussion to work with. I can't find anything like the waspy bass you hear. The percussion and waspy bass you hear is actually one plugin. With that, it's just four long notes. It arppegiates itself.

I really do not know what you mean with the mastering.
#4September 30th, 2007 · 05:31 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Review and get reviewed, I always say.  Needs work this one.  The idea is there, but Dave is right about the mastering and your stereo field.   There are thousands of samples out there and almost as many VSTs.  Start searching.  Oh and review and get reviewed!
#5September 30th, 2007 · 05:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
LOL
Minds!!!!

The piece is well made a bit simple on the mix but the groove is there indeed.Sounds like it has great potential,do search on line there's lots of VST to be found if you look on the right direction.You can also always get involved here and ask around!
good luck!
M.
#6October 1st, 2007 · 03:18 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
cool, although all ive heard from you has been computer programmed music, which im not a big fan of. i'd love to hear some diversification... some natural sounds fused into electronica.
 anyway, a good piece, great atmosphere. i think youre getting the hang of the climax.

Ian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.