#1September 30th, 2007 · 02:11 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Fruityloops random

This song is not in a battle

"Dave why on earth are you doing something in fruityloops? Don't you play guitar?"

Yeah that discussion about the FL plugins got me thinking... it's been about 5 years since I really worked with fruityloops 3 with the DJ's at college, since then I've just been using it for drum loops... but I thought it would be fun to have a play around!

This is only one min long but I thought it would be fun to make a short, simple track and master it fat to see what sound I could get!

Things I did:

Realised that I now suck at FL :-(
Used the pluck and Sytrus generators. They effing rule.
Used delay/reverb and EQ to make interesting drums sounds, and worked on different rhythms together.
Used EQ and panning to differentiate the different bits in the mix.
Used mastering to widen, fatten and enhance the sound, especially the low freqs. If you have a sub and that kick doesnt get you in the stomach I will be offended!

Things I learned:

As above, I suck at Fruityloops.

The Fruityloops bundled compressor *IS* rubbish. An attack time below 5ms causes distortion, and then still doesn't work properly because peaks still manage to get through the compressor, even when configured as a limiter.

The Fruityloops bundled reverb is also very poor, again wasnt happy with the sound so brought in some external plugins.

So if you use fruityloops - get some VSTs in there!

Peace.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 30th, 2007 · 03:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
One minute is not long enough, it finished before I'd finished reading.
I'm going to give a top vote for the info, thanks 
O! nice piece of background reading music too ! lol
#3September 30th, 2007 · 04:19 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Not bad...but i detest noodles or quips!  Make a full version please!  Its got what it needs, just put it together!  Other than that, crystal sound.  Mix is good!  Waiting for a full version....
#4September 30th, 2007 · 04:25 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great expression. it worked for me.
congrats for sucking fl.
guess you can ask Marino how to add wav files into fl like your guitar records.
waiting to hear more....
#5September 30th, 2007 · 05:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is pretty good    very short yeah...If you think you suck at FL...you should see me on it....you did a good job on this...and its a nice flow also..

Flyer

Will Rate
#6September 30th, 2007 · 05:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey man what happen Is to short,I was totally digging this.Not bad for an FL project!Hope to get more soon.I'm into guitars too but FL has expanded my vocabulary tremendously..
Anyway good job!
M.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.