#1September 26th, 2007 · 08:38 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
level check

This song is not in a battle

Flyer  asked if we are going to do some new songs and yes we are gearing our practice room now.
Last night we did our first level check and multi record.. we have a ways to go.. (mostly on drums)
Luckily we know mostly what we need to do..but  suggestions are always welcome... this is not a mix.. was not mixed or anything added.. it was just a jam I,IV,V sorta.. making it up as we went to get some levels. set only.. we have a ways to go still till we can produce the "bigger" sound.. mostly room tweaking and some better mic placement.. this has no eq.  wrong compression settings and wrong mic placement.. plus we have to work on the drum kit a bit .. kill some ring and knock down some transients.    any comments or suggestion welcome ..  like I said this is not a song and in no way a decent recording  job ..We just played this to get levels... I don't even know why I am posting it other than maybe you  can hear improvements with our recordings and make suggestions as we go along..

Edit: oops forgot we added mild compression on kick n snare and verb tail on the snare and overheads

any help appreciated.
greg

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 26th, 2007 · 08:47 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Listening...ask you shall recieve...lol....You know I love all your music man...this is sounding good...a bad mix  huh?   not so bad so far Goat...sure does have that live feel to it...great....I'm waiting for a killer lead from you....I know its on the way...Hmm  maybe not  hahaha....drums sound tough..nice beat...I like it anyways ( even though its not a song )I know this is only a level check   BTW...Will be looking for more... more.... more...
Im not the best guy to be asking for recording advice..I just like to hear the stuff..I'm sure there are a lot of ampers that will give you advice Greg

Flyer

will Rate
#3September 26th, 2007 · 10:34 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah...given my "druthers" I'd rather hear the pure sound of raw instruments, played live, with a grinding guitar, rumbling bass and that "popping" backbeat! I'll place my request for more of this, please!
#4September 27th, 2007 · 10:39 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
if anything...
With the type of music your playing I felt that the guitar should have been much more in front specially as it sounded very good I thought
You rock guys!
very good in deed for "just" a jam session
#5September 27th, 2007 · 12:27 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Guitar is in the back a bit and the drums are lacking some clarity and punch.... all just opinions, Damn good jam!
#6September 30th, 2007 · 10:31 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
Flyer it is live..  we just hit the record button and started jamming ..  it is not mixed that is why the mix is way off there is none,,  plus me being the forgetful person that i am I forgot about  (not going to get into this argument about what this is ) phase/polarity reversal  on the drum mics.. Messed that up  mic'd the snare from the bottom and forgot to change the polarity oops.. also forgot to do the same thing for the kick.. no wonder the drums sound like crap.  plus there is no real eq' being done on this  just put some mic's up and hit record.. We will get a much better recording once we get the time do do proper mic placement and work with the source sounds a little bit better.
#7September 30th, 2007 · 11:38 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I know that this is live...that's what I like about it..I don't care if its just a level check...Live is where it's at...when you guy's do work out all the level's and so on....well, to cut this short...I can't wait...

Flyer
#8September 30th, 2007 · 05:47 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Would love to have been there Jamming with you guys.Can't wait for the real thing to start.Really looking forward to it.
Jan 12 Lisa and I are there Goat>!!!!!!!!!

M.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.