#1September 22nd, 2007 · 11:11 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
Canada
Voices of Their Friends
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-10

This song started as a chord progression that I wrote and really liked and eventually progressed into a song. The recording is marginal but it’s the best I can do with the equipment that I have. I hope you enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 22nd, 2007 · 11:56 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Oooooo, great vocal style!  I really like it!  Maybe drop the reverb on the vocals a lil'.  You've already said about the recording quality so I wont say much, other than i think the balance could use a little work.  Drums are very foward in the mix in places, and you lose the rhythm guitar.  But this may be deliberatley if the recording didnt sound great or something like that.
Overall though I think its a really well constructed song with a nice sound to it.  What are you recording with at the minute?  If you upgrade your equipment make sure you re-record this one - I'd love to hear it!
Will rate!
Kobeshi
#3September 22nd, 2007 · 12:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like your vox and drum programming best.

I think if you could somehow get a fuller sound on the guitars with as bit on panning on the whole of the mix you could get away with purchasing any expensive gear

I just purchased a line6 Mk2 pod guitar effect unit, which plugs into my workstation it only cost £89.00

Like this loads.

Will Rate

Denis
#4September 22nd, 2007 · 05:46 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Great fun... in my opinion aside from the noise level the recording is actually pretty good -  I jjust think it is the mixing that lets it down (sounds like it is essentially in mono)

If you are interested I would REALLY like to remix and master this for you. I also think it would actually benefit really well from a piano kinda like The Fray but you may disagree with this?

Anyway, I really really really want to produce this for you because I think it is a great track. If you are interested in sending me the individual recorded parts so I can mix and master it for you then please email me on punkrulez@hotmail.com or dave.eversden@orange.net

Peace

PS. Yes I'm annoying but producing music is my passion so please take my comments on a s poisitve - the reason I want to work with you is because I like the song
#5October 3rd, 2007 · 10:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really nice song, I like the effect on your vocal, like it's double husky ! lol
Voted for!
#6October 13th, 2007 · 11:57 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
hey like the vocals a lot here. Small glitch at the start but sumhow adds to it...Real nice.Like the drums also
#7October 19th, 2007 · 09:58 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
51 posts
United States of America
Nice song
IMHO The recording quality is not a big deal.  what is most important is the song.  The chords, lyrics, melody.  the recording quality can always be easily fixed.  the song is the hard part. I like the verse.  The chords and melody are good.  the bass and drums lay down a nice grove!  Nice buildup to the chorus.  I don't like the chorus though (around 0:59).  I would like to hear maybe a chord change.  the song build up well and sets up a chord change, but the chord is the same as the verse.  It sounds like the chords are G# F A#.  I would like to hear F# G# A# C# for the chorus and go back to the G# F A# for the verse.  Just a suggestion.  Anyway nice work
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.