#1September 20th, 2007 · 11:13 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Claire De Lune - Debussy

This song is not in a battle

An attempt to lend a modern feel to an old favorite. I'd classed this one among my failures: Reverie worked a lot better. The overall feel I was attempting was of everything being underwater, yet clear enough to see through. Enough yammering on my part, let it speak for itself.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 20th, 2007 · 03:55 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Very nice---I love the excellent use of negative space, dynamics and the effect you have going on the sound.  It starts going a little downhill at the 1:15 mark, where the reverberations really clash with each other.  It needs some work, but for the most part it's a refreshing piece.
#3September 20th, 2007 · 05:52 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
You've got the underwater feel down from the start - nicely done.  I could actually see this being used on one of these national geographic marine documentaries into mysterious undersea worlds. 
Gonna agree with avinashv about the issue with the reverb/delay/decay after the 1:15 mark that it gets too cluttered.  Im not sure if thats reverb or a decaying delay there, and I can see the effect you're going for...I would jsut turn it down a bit so it doesnt get so overpoweringly congested with echoes.
As far as the rest of the song goes, I think its a well done piece, and you've achieved what you set out to do!  Good work!
#4September 20th, 2007 · 06:18 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
Music
Music hath charms to sooth the savage breast!!
  I do love this peice!! Yes the way you've done
it!!   When T.S.O.P. released Bethoven's Fifth
back in the late seventies, I felt let down becuase
I was left wanting for more!!  this composition
and many more like it, is what is needed to fill
that void!!  it really is time for music to take a
turn back for the better!!  and it's works like this
one that would help it alot!!
  Good Job!!  keep up the good work!

Blessings,

Bluey
#5September 25th, 2007 · 01:27 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the praise. Geting harder to find the time but I will keep up the attempts. I have another original in the works but I have had my evenings stepped on rather a lot lately. Even an owl has to sleep sometimes 

I wish the AMP could accept MP3's smaller than 1 MB so that I could post a couple of sweet little Bach pieces: I am unwilling to fatten them up for no good reason. Sigh.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.