1 2

#1September 17th, 2007 · 03:14 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
Germany
But I still believe V. I

This song is not in a battle

My first song which was recorded in the homestudio from and with my dad TK.. I wrote this song last week n played to my dad. He liked it and we record it. The second voice is from my dad the guitar n "first" voice from me. I hope u like it and pls, pls post comments...

Stif

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 17th, 2007 · 04:19 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
OK! Hello Nico.

You need to face the truth - you and your Dad are a duo that can conquer Germany with only a bunch of songs you write and sing together. I love the quality of the recording - what mic do you use for the guiatr and vocals?

Your Dad and you sing with no major faults as to tuning - your harmonies are really cool and well constructed (although moderate in complexity).

I don't know much about music that is played on the radio (and possiblt that is the reason why I don't write anything too modern) but this song could do well. I am not sure if this would be a top-10 hit, but it could do good. Finaly, it is a great starting point for your further development as a composer.

Thanks. I will be looking out for more.

Jim

PS. Strangely enough there is no sign of the song next to your name. Just as if you haven't uploaded it.
#3September 17th, 2007 · 05:04 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
Germany
Thank u JBP. I dont think it with the top 10, but thank u =)...

Nico
#4September 17th, 2007 · 07:53 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
hey

well, i think its very pretty. the harmonies are great and you have some major talent in the songwriting department.
 just out of interest, you said you prefer to write in english... does english rhyme better or is there other reasons?

I dont want to nitpick, but theres a couple of mistakes in grammer that just makes it sound a little off. 
 the line "go to grave" should be "go to the grave"

and in the chorus " i know it won't never happen" should be " i know it won't ever happen"

i just wanted u to be aware of it. I admire you though because i can only speak the one language.

The song is great, very emotive

voted

Ian
#5September 17th, 2007 · 07:55 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
This is a very good song you have here guitars and vocal harmonies excellent .
I agree with jbp , & I think this has commercial possibilities.
Good work and good luck 
#6September 17th, 2007 · 08:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Woaw!
Nice!
I'm a big fan of your dad!
But you definitely stand your own ground and I'm sure your Dad is proud about that.
great duo work,melody ,singing,song construction and words!

Cheers!
M.
#7September 17th, 2007 · 09:54 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
wow...
words can not describe how I feel about this song.
It literally brought tears to my eyes
lol
I love it.
Instant hit.
In America(i think)it would be automatic number one
Good job both of you guys!
If this is just the rough version,I can't wait to hear the final!
Will Rate
#8September 17th, 2007 · 11:33 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
nice one.. the production is real good, the vocals are very very tight.. the guitar playing if excellent ....  just goes to prove it doesn't take a lot of "stuff" to make a great song ... sometimes just a guitar and vocals is all you need.

Very fine song here
gets high vote
greg
#9September 19th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
Germany
Tank u all... I think we record the complete song next week. I hope u like it then ...

Nico
#10September 19th, 2007 · 05:25 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Great job.  The guitar needs some EQ work to give it some more low-mid, and the only fault with the vocals is that they are slightly lacking in articulacy, but I think that's more a cultural barrier than lack of talent.

It's incredibly simple and incredibly effective.  Tight harmonies, clean playing and a good recording.  Good job.

Welcome to the amp!
#11September 20th, 2007 · 11:44 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
Germany
Thanks avinashv... This is version one ... .. but thank u
#12September 20th, 2007 · 12:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah this pretty cool! would love to hear this in a full arrangement. Vocals are good and clear, the lyric and music work very well together. Good singing also, though your voice can loosen up a lot more (comes with experience I guess)... Great job to TK on second vocals, catchy harmonies.

Yeah, can't wait for a full arrangement, this is a good song in the works for sure!
#13September 20th, 2007 · 12:23 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
kewl..
I like it..  no need to repeat what has already been said
about what all it needs and such..  
 remember our lace chat convo...  keep it acoustic..and
strong.. sure add bass guitar, maybe some soft drums,
brushing etc etc. but keep the acoustic guitars and your
voices nice and strong... remember mix vocals extra hot
and don't loose them beneath the first layer of instruments!

blessings,

Blueyes
#14September 20th, 2007 · 06:36 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Great tune!  Whats been said I have to agree with.
A lot of people have been saying they could see this in the charts, and I agree.  But with one small addition - a strings section that could come in every now and again.  Most accoustic songs that make it up through the charts seem to have that, even if you dont notice at first because its so subtle.  Might have a crack it at myself later tonight, because I really like the piece!  Good work, will rate!

Kobeshi
#15September 20th, 2007 · 07:24 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I think this song has tremendous possibilities. The vocals, lyrics, accompaniment and harmonies all "fit". I understand you are working toward embellishing this song, and yet you want to conserve the acoustic, intimate effect. I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but when listening to this song I am reminded of a couple songs from around 1997: One is Greenday's "Time of Your Life".....the other is Duncan Shiek's "Barely Breathing". I'm wondering if listening to these may help you decide on embellishments that will preserve the intimate effect you wish to preserve. Anyway, I love the song (and I'm amazed that your dad can sing in such a high pitch). Oh, and I agree with Boris...it may be a good idea to correct a couple of the slight errors in the lyric content as he described.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.