#1September 16th, 2007 · 08:57 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Techno Ambience

This song is not in a battle

This song took awhile to make. It goes from a transition of happy to something, to evil techno, to evil ambience. This is Scratchy 7.2.3, Harmonious Balance was Scratchy 4. Again, this song was made using the VSTi plugin ReFX Nexus.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 17th, 2007 · 02:14 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
again, cool panning and great atmosphere. I can tell you worked on it alot, very tidy transitions between diff sections of the song.
 cant give any usefull criticisms cos this is not my style, and i dont know enough about the genre.

enjoyed listening though

Ian
#3September 17th, 2007 · 02:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice rhythm in the panning.

Nice work.

The only ting I would add is a hook type melody line to give it firm identity.

Will rate

Denis
#4September 17th, 2007 · 05:01 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
SirBorris wrote…
again, cool panning and great atmosphere. I can tell you worked on it alot, very tidy transitions between diff sections of the song.
 cant give any usefull criticisms cos this is not my style, and i dont know enough about the genre.

enjoyed listening though

Ian

Since you didn't mention a climax problem in this song, can you tell me where you feel the climax is at in this song? I've always had a problem with implementing a climax into all my songs.
#5September 17th, 2007 · 07:37 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
well, i always thought a climax, by definition, was at the end of a song. you can have 'high' points in the song, which in this case (imo) would be 1.00 to 1.30, and somewhere after 3.00.
 I think youve got a really great feel for dynamics and ambience and after time you'll learn how you like youre songs structured through experience. dont just chuck in a climax because its conventional to do so, you should judge yourself by what sounds right to you.

im enjoying it more every listen btw.

i think some more complex percussion would be cool, which would also give scope for climaxes ( drum build ups and fills, etc)

Ian
#6September 20th, 2007 · 01:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very nice indeed, reminiscent of VNV Nation when it comes to the instrumentals. I can hear vocal lines fitting to this. Other than that, SirBorris got a good point and suggestions. And it's great to see you're back...
#7March 20th, 2008 · 07:33 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
I have to unfortunately admit to the fact that the saw bass that goes throughout most of the entire song actually comes with percussion and that I still do not have that great of percussion yet. What I mean is that if I want to edit the percussion, I will have to find a different saw bass to use. However, if I am not lazy, and when I do get better percussion, you will hear it.

The problem with using FLS percussion along with high quality VSTi plugins is that because the percussion is such low quality, they are easily drowned out by absolutely anything except maybe pianos, strings, and woodwinds. Thus you must turn up the volume on them, which can really show just how crap quality they are. Usually if you do that to a low quality plugin, you will definitely hear distortion
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.