#1September 10th, 2007 · 07:47 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
out of time
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-09

A song that started as an instrumental and that I managed to finish thanks for an inspired impro by Jimtheatman
Thanks again Jim

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 10th, 2007 · 08:52 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Beach tune!
Wow - first song of yours i've listened to and you have a great voice!  Not to mention a great guitar sound to support it.  Being a guitar guy myself, i would maybe bring the guitar fowards in the mix a tinnnyyyyy bit.  Just a fraction.  90% of the time its fine but in a few places the vocals just seemed to drown the guitar a little bit.  But thats me being picky on an otherwise great song!  Could see myself listening to this on the beach - gonna download and see if it passes the 'beach chill test'!!
will rate
kobeshi
#3September 10th, 2007 · 03:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think the mix is spot on personally.

This is right up my street, I wouldn't want you to change a thing with this song.

It has so much identity Great you got impro from Jim.

Great songwritting

Well done.

High vote

Denis
#4September 10th, 2007 · 05:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What another beautiful song.
You have a beautiful voice, your accent is really cool, very clever lyrics and really beautiful guitar work.
Your recording is sooo much better than your first up-loads.

I am officially a fan! 
#5September 10th, 2007 · 06:52 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Beautiful song!
Some really good chord changes.Melody is awesome.Love the texture and construction of the song.The bridge sounded a bit struggled on the vocal dept towards the beginning of it, but it fell right into place as it progressed!
Awesome job!

hi marks!
#6September 11th, 2007 · 07:10 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
well.... thanks
It funny how you say the mix sound ok this time because when I play the song live I never manage to get it right!
The guitar always feel too behind and I'm force to play it harder with disastrous consequences!
I agree with Marino when he says the start of the chorus feels a bit struggled
this song was recorded months ago (I had problem with the uploading part!) and then I wasn't very confident with my singing
I've work a lot a lot on my vocals lately and recording to come should hopefully show it
Thank you for the comments guys
#7September 13th, 2007 · 08:48 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
By the way...
The song is up in the battle this month if it has been fixed?
So please do vote
Thanks
#8September 13th, 2007 · 03:29 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
I hate to be in disagreement with the rest of the listening audience: not about the quality of the song and your playing skills - that is first rate!

No, I think you need other musicians in this with you: Bass, drums, a little keyboard. And this would allow you to play a little less, and more expressively. You have a sensitive touch, but are trying to do a little too much. Not that the song doesn't require a full sounding set up, it really does. I do understand why you work the guitar so much - it sounds good and, of course, you can. I still give high ratings for this one, the song just wants more people in there with you.
#9September 19th, 2007 · 11:34 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very nice
love the chords ... very good guitar playing .. and your voice fits this perfectly .  the recording quality if very clean and full.. This is very tasty stuff.  I would love to solo on guitar over those chords ... gotta lotta color to choose from ... gets real high vote
greg
#10September 30th, 2007 · 06:04 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
your very good.
i am definatly voting for this song.it has a clean sound to it.your voice is really good.you know how to sing.x
#11October 1st, 2007 · 08:19 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
aaakk
Well, I dont know what happened to the original post, so here goes what I said:

I am honored to be an inspiration to anyone, especially one as talented as you. This is Fantastic, and really is great to see how you have filled this song out, from such a simple improv. The lyrics tell a great story, and make me really feel like I'm watching the song unfold.

Humbly Yours
                          JimK
#12October 1st, 2007 · 08:23 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
52 posts
United States of America
WOW you have awsome acoustic skills man awsome voice and a cool theme
look forward to hearing more like this!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 30th, 2024 · 1:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.