#1September 4th, 2007 · 07:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
Greasy strings
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-09

Well. This is a song that's obviously inspired by Grease. Its my first post so would appreciate any feedback. I'm more of a digital composer so made this using fl studio. I'm just a beginner and honestly this is the second song I've ever composed

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2007 · 09:32 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Well first off, props for living in UAE.  I grew up in Dubai.  Represent!
The sounds you have used are very stock FL---you should work with new VSTs that aren't bundled or try to tweak the sounds to get something that is original for you.  I love the use of panning an automation.
I like the way you took Summer Days and really worked with it until it was something you could call your own.  I'd like to see more of this from you.

Kind of reminds me of the music of a girl who hasn't been here for a while, PorcelianDoll.
#3September 4th, 2007 · 09:44 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
true..im still trying to learn the software..havent really got a clue wht VST is. will try tinkerin around more and come up with something better. thanks for the comment
#4September 4th, 2007 · 12:23 PM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
the atmosphere it soo much "click-clock" for my taste. jack
#5September 4th, 2007 · 12:26 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
well. it is among my first few songs so i guess it has its flaws no doubt....thanks for the comment though
#6September 4th, 2007 · 12:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Unfortunately, Avi is right.  The concept itself is killer, but the sounds used here are "superficial" at best.  They sound like you are making music on a computer.  Layer up some of those weaker sounds and drop one of the layers an octave.  Do what avi says and look into VSTs and samples found elsewhere than FL.   Otherwise, you have some skills in the arrangement department.  Get some better sounds and you are bound to improve by leaps and bounds!
#7September 4th, 2007 · 12:48 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
hmmm..thanks..will look into it right away..oh and about the layer's could you be more specific?im not to aware of the musical terminology and all but would appreciate suggestions
#8September 4th, 2007 · 12:57 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Basically, Minds is saying that you should try to add more texture to your sound.  Can't tweak the plugins yet?  OK, use more than one and layer notes to create a unique and fatter texture.  Work with EQ, compressors and delay-based effects on your instruments so that you are able to create something that is less superficial.

You should go to YouTube and check out the FL video tutorials.  I had help from Minds when I started off with FL, so I can't tell you how good the video tutorials are, but if you need help, this is the place to ask.  There are a load of very talented FL musicians here who I am sure would be glad to help you out if you asked for it.
#9September 4th, 2007 · 01:02 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
hey i did check out the youtube tutorials. i understood what you meant by the effects and delays and all..wil work on that.oh and also understood layers after your description of it combined with a video i found on youtube.thanks a lot man.
#10September 4th, 2007 · 04:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You have composed a song, Well done, I'm not being sarcastic BTW.

This is a great start you have put it together, you have created a melody, rhythm, bass etc.

Well done, in time you will have supwer sounds, dont be afraid on going on the forums for help, nice info form Aviniash.

Denis.
#11September 4th, 2007 · 04:10 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
well, its all been said. its a start, which is the most important thing.
 the music itself could be compared to something a dj would play around with, using a well known melody in a different context.

well done and keep it up

Ian
#12September 4th, 2007 · 04:10 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
United Arab Emirates
To be honest with you guys i was actually expecting insults from you guys because the stuff I've heard on this site are amazing. and I've seen other reviews that you've made on others and the professionalism with which you guys Analise others i honestly didn't expect a reply from you. so what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is that you guys are very encouraging and I'm glad i joined bandamp.
#13September 4th, 2007 · 05:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Good!  

Yes you created a song, a whole composition, from beginning to end and it sounds real good and that is what everyone here appreciates, your talent and commitment!
Just play around with your sound!!! But then that's what it's all about any way at the end of the day!
Yes I also foresee "leaps and bounds"!!

Nothing like a bit of positive energy to get the old ball rolling now is there?
Enjoy! 
#14September 4th, 2007 · 10:28 PM
3 posts
United States of America
.........different
it really isn't my genre, so my critiques would be biased   so I won't say much.
#15September 30th, 2007 · 06:08 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
ok straight away am hooked.
listening on.......am shocked to hear your a beginner actually. ....good stuff.x  great in fact.x ok go on then,,,awsome...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.