#1August 30th, 2007 · 03:11 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
So Blue

This song is not in a battle

I am pretty sure my voice is clear for all the lines except for one. Its repeated later though.

I still have the original recorded, befor I split the lead and the vox if anyone would like to hear it mixed.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2007 · 06:19 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very nice little ditty! Im a big fan of the blues, which seem to be rampant lately... cheer up people!

- The Hokker
#3August 31st, 2007 · 02:30 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Hey, well, its got the foundations for some really good blues.
 I dont think the voice panning does it any favours, its too extreme. I like it after .30 when the panning becomes more balanced. Recording quility could be better, it sounds quite muffled, but could probably only be fixed with better equipment (although im no expert on that).
 other than that, nice playing and good lyrics, quite a surprise at the end, lol.

Ian
#4August 31st, 2007 · 04:43 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
The, uh, panning is 100 left and the leads are 100 right untill the "bridge (solo)" then they're reversed. As the song takes an up tempo approach. It sounds extremely muddled with the leads and the lyrics comeing at you from the same time.
#5August 31st, 2007 · 04:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: So Blue
ok work on gettin the voice really to the front............

good stuff bar the f***ing

more songs please

fish
#6August 31st, 2007 · 07:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I like were you're going although I'm not really into the extreme panning. If that was your intention, from a creative direction I can see how it might come into play.As far as the solos,there is a bit of competition between your voice and the solo guitars.I would maybe try filling vocal gaps with the guitar instead,and then maybe break into a few bars of the solo so then you can come back with the vox!
anyway keep them coming!
Marino
#7September 2nd, 2007 · 03:24 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
chilled playing, but again really noisy vocals on here. I'm not sure whats causing it but check ur levels and equipment - if you have an eq then try to remove some higher frequencies, and if u dont already invest in a tube preamp. Available for as little as £100
#8September 2nd, 2007 · 08:03 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
If you think that people only record music to 'impress people on the internet' then I think that is pretty silly. If your only equipment is you and a guitar so you don't care then why record at all?

I wasn't being nasty about your track; simply pointing out that noisy vocals seems to be quite common and is something to watch out for. If you can't afford better equipment, you can still treat the sound of what you have.

When you record, you have a 'noise floor'. This is the base level of background noise. When you increase the volume on your vocals with 'gain', you unfortunately boost the unwanted crap as well.

The best way to prevent this without sophisticated noise removal plugins is to sweep an EQ around the higher frequencies until you find the frequency(s) of the prevalent hiss and cut them out. If you are unsure how to use an equalizer to modify a sound, then this is an important thing for any musician (live or recorded) so I would recommend reading about it.
#9September 3rd, 2007 · 03:39 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe. Some of us are just passionate about recording, which is why alot of the comments tend to be based around that. After all guitar is to recording as brush is to canvas?

Never said you sucked, and the playing seems fine to me!
#10September 3rd, 2007 · 03:52 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
if i may say somethimg,
  people post music on bandamp in order to improve. No-one is perfect, and everyone wants to get better (usually). even if it is just to play to yourself... you can always play to yourself better. 

its only friendly advise, so chill

Ian
#11September 4th, 2007 · 12:45 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
nice guitar playing and some pretty decent blues leads in there..  vocals are hard to get decent even with better gear....that said they are alright for what you have to record with..  I don't know what to tell you to improve them
or even if you want to improve them....... this song is pretty good for what your using...
#12September 4th, 2007 · 03:32 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I already offered advice on the music Dark. It mentions my opinion on the panning.

my second comment is to let u know that i think your attitude is negative,  it is not relevant to the actual piece of music.

In fact i think the music has great potential. All im saying is u should consider unlocking that potential by listening to advice.
#13September 4th, 2007 · 04:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'm reminded of a wonderful quote by leVee :
"No wonder your girlfriend left you, your lyrics suck!" lol
I apply this to the first intro lines and the last lines.
The rest was quite good. I must agree with you that you've got a damn good result from only a PC mic. topy!
Bit of a bummer that you cant deal with (very good) comments though, on a site that is based around just that, commenting!
Everyone's time is given freely in the hope of positively influencing the posters/artists experience and knowledge!

Dude! You really don't get it do you? 
There are people out there in the big hairy world that would pay BIG buck for the advice that experienced producers and artists like DaveUK and gtr1960 give you here , for nothing!!!!!
And God knows you need it! 

The truth is, if your just playing with your self, that's OK , it just that you let us all hear it!
And then, according to legitimate bandAmp rules everyone tells you what they think,
of you playing with your self!  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 4:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.