1 2

#1June 8th, 2005 · 09:46 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
31 posts
United Kingdom
The Longest Night
Score: 70.9%
Battle: 2005-06

umm it was an improvised riff i decided to put some backing and extra lead parts to...its a guitar instrumental done in an afternoon with no real planning about half a second latency on recording and no sound to hear it while i was recording...in all honesty its a mircle it turned out as well as it did...and dont ask me what the name is about i dont have a clue...just trying to get attention probably.

any constructive criticism on my playing style/technique would be much appreciated

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 10th, 2005 · 11:16 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
the distortion is very good, good guitar chops keep it up!
#3June 11th, 2005 · 01:21 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
177 posts
United States of America
Great guitar work...and with the latency problem. Hope you can work on that and post some more for us !
#4June 11th, 2005 · 10:06 PM
4 posts
United States of America
SAMUEL=KING
Man this song does it all for me its got a good lead and rhythm.....not much you need  to fix except for the end just a little slower and have it die off a bit.
#5June 11th, 2005 · 10:08 PM
3 posts
United States of America
I love the guitar, it's intense. great work on this!
#6June 13th, 2005 · 05:36 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
really nice.  can definitely hear the metallica (or similar) influences.  works really well for me until the last 20 seconds when it gets a little over-complex.  maybe could do with something simple to hold it down (maybe some sort of bass line or chords or something even if its a long way back on the mix).  this would make a kinda foundation for the rest of the guitar parts to work over - stop it from sounding muddled.  really good tho - best thing I've heard so far!
#7June 13th, 2005 · 08:14 AM
2 threads
18 posts
United States of America
Good start. Keep it up and you could have something here. It needs to go somewhere else though. Like a chours or a bridge. Nice chops, and a decent recording, but its missing something. Don't know what.
#8June 13th, 2005 · 10:36 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
randomdave wrote…
... works really well for me until the last 20 seconds when it gets a little over-complex. ...

i dunno---i kind of like the build on the high notes!

i agree with transistor on this one: i like the distortion.  it may not be something to put lyrics to, but definitely cool to listen to as an instrumental.  as it was my job in a band i used to play in, i can envision extra synth strings going off in the background once it gets towards the end.  but, hey, that's just my thought

i like.
#9June 13th, 2005 · 10:52 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
31 posts
United Kingdom
thanks everyone for the positive feedback, i'm amazed to hear that you liked it. although this was never meant to be a proper song, what it needed was planning, decent production, and a hellova lot longer than an afternoon. but if i get this kind of response for something which i consider to be a rushed job, then i think i'll definately put some real music up here sometime soon.

thanks for the feedback
#10June 13th, 2005 · 01:25 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
I like the composition very much! Great sense of time...
#11June 13th, 2005 · 11:48 PM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Excellent guitar composition over all, especially for it being improvised.  Since it is the  Longest Night you might consider drawing out the ending and not making it so abrupt.  I love it -- post more!
#12June 22nd, 2005 · 12:22 PM
42 posts
South Africa
I like I like! nice jamming on the guitar there.
#13June 24th, 2005 · 08:10 AM
3 threads
9 posts
Australia
the longest night... Samuel...
seriously thats one hot piece of music, haha. that is seriously hot!
#14July 23rd, 2005 · 07:09 PM
37 posts
United States of America
Nice expression, you should consider putting a little more time in to it.  As you can see people like it.  Good job.
#15July 24th, 2005 · 10:01 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
Egypt
Its good ur on your way to be a good guitarist but my advice to you is similar to "faze 1" i think you should consider your identity a little bit more, and you should go deeper through techniques:) keep up!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.