#1August 26th, 2007 · 04:19 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Sarabande (Handel)

This song is not in a battle

This is a failed attempt to get effective percussion into classical music. The original FL Studio file was corrupted so I may not even try reworking this in a similar manner. At least the idea should get across for what I have in mind. Update: this is from the "Suite no. 4 in D Minor" - Handel had a Sarabande in several pieces.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Interesting concept!
Handel had beautiful and colorful  melodic constructions that its hard not to like it from both the technical aspect to the compositional aspect.The Idea does get across rather well,I do have mixed feelings on the result.The kick drum makes me want rock it out a bit(Faster Tempo)but the other percussive ad ons are a bit shallow or simplistic.Its a good start thought!
How long those it take you to put it up on FL?

Cheers
Marino
#3August 26th, 2007 · 09:57 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
A good idea, but needs better samples and a more rocking beat.
#4August 27th, 2007 · 10:17 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the reassurance that the concept works, even if the execution failed. I will be working on reconstructing the file. I have an old version w/o drums and I will make more attempts. I have the FL "FPC" with a number of sample drum kits. If these will not work out, do you have sample/vst alternatives to propose? Although I love drums I do not understand them well enough to really fly with this yet.
#5August 27th, 2007 · 11:16 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I use Fpc to program my drums,Let me know if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.I have few available kits if you need!Let me know!

Marino!
#6August 27th, 2007 · 11:29 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Drum noob...
Having heard the piece, do you have any suggestions? Also, the prepackaged riffs never work right, and I wind up using too may layers of FPC to get different patterns connected. What's the best way to go about this? Also, if the kits are the standard available I should be able to download.
#7August 27th, 2007 · 11:37 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Do you know how to use the PM service on the AMP and do you have yahoo messenger?
#8August 27th, 2007 · 11:39 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Never used the PM service, do not have yahoo messenger. Also I am away from music SW at this time.
#9August 27th, 2007 · 01:43 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
it has a medieval feel in the melodies, and its cool but that harpsicord sound is just too thin to match up to booming bass drum.
 It leaves something to be desired but i dont know what it is...

It is good tho

Ian
#10August 27th, 2007 · 02:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The song it self has lovely melodies, it would be great if you could find some better samples, it would do the song real justice.

I would love to hear this without the drums and replaced with some basic percussion.

You should definatly work on this, it has a quality.

Will rate

Denis
#11August 27th, 2007 · 07:21 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Hey man.. I think you are making a strong point with this uploads. Actually I like this.  If you could just get rid of that MIDI sounding beats it would be cool.  This arrangement reminded me to Ratatat, don't know if you have heard of them.  Also a little more ambience to the melody would be nice.

Good Job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.