#1August 23rd, 2007 · 10:50 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
estudio brillante 1

This song is not in a battle

A lovely piece written for classical (nylon string) guitar. I have taken a few liberties with the arrangement, but it shouldn't interfere too greatly with appreciation of the melody. Again, I am trying to get across the implicit echoes of the piece. I always hear them when playing the guitar but too often thay do not show up without exquisitely high end recording on guitar. This is wa-a-a-ay too obvious, but better than compleyely absent. FL Studio & freeware VST's.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 26th, 2007 · 12:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Huh?
This is way cool.I see that you are classical music aficionado with a electronica twist.Good now I don't feel to lonely I'm a Hard rock aficionado with an electonica twist (LOl).In a more serious note this is really cool but why that choice of sound or even why not use that sound doubled up with something more pluck like. I even think FL includes some Nylon string sounds.Placed low in the mix and slightly panned might be a thought.Anyway just an idea but regardless another great piece!!

Keep them coming
SB

Marino
#3August 26th, 2007 · 04:09 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
FL Studio pluck is...
The pluck is a little harder to get working right. I will try doubling experiments. As for the classical side, I have been listening to hard rock and techno for years, but I got my start in classical, to the point that when I think of composing it almost always turns out classical, except that the first real music I discovered after classical is early Tangerine Dream. Edgar Froese is one of my idols and reworking sections of something like Ricochet would be a dream come true, had I but gear enough and time. I think I will post a failed attempt to add drums to a piece by Handel and see what you think. I still think classical could make great techno...
#4August 26th, 2007 · 05:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dude i love Tangerine Dream.I have about 4 of their vinyls!See what you can do with the pluck just experiment and let me know I'm seriously curious on the end result.Even if comes in an out or as a counterpointed secondary voicing.It really should be interesting!
I will listen to the Handel piece!

Marino
#5August 27th, 2007 · 01:55 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The way to get the reverberations you are talking about is...to use reverb.  I like where you are going with this, but the echoey noise in the back is a little distracting.

Try to create more dynamic tension, use a bassline that harmonizes with the melody, ascends and descends, and lastly, you need to do more of what you did at 2:00.  The key change was fantastic.  Done so subtly, Mozart would have been proud.

I'm a classical nut.
#6August 27th, 2007 · 01:57 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Forgot to mention---if you want this to sound a bit more realistic, I have a good FL setup going and may be able to render something more life-like.  PM if you want.
#7August 27th, 2007 · 08:56 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Praise Tarrega
No access to PM - no cell, no budget. I will repost another adjustment with Parametric EQ and a few other refinements. Harder to do as I am no expert in such arrangements. If I feel more confident, I will try reworking a few fugues that failed. Look out for more JSB later as well.
#8August 27th, 2007 · 08:58 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It's cool, that's true... but the instrument sounds just get to wear me down after a while.  I thinks it's because of the same volume and paced backing notes making it sound too artificial (ok, I know it is but it's just too precise if you know what I mean).

Now, what about getting Marino to play it on guitar!!!

#9August 27th, 2007 · 09:20 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Too precise?
That is part of my OCD. If Marino wants to attempt this on guitar I would LOVE to hear it. Any reinterpretation of Tarrega is wonderful in my book. I AM working on getting more different sounds. I think I may post one of my worst failures soon: I call it Robot in the snow...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.