#1August 19th, 2007 · 07:01 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
uh...so...hey

This song is not in a battle

got hold of my bros laptop, mines still broken, but managed to bosh this out in a couple of hours today, thought i might as well put it up =D

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2007 · 07:08 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Amazing
Lovin the Snatch sample at the beginning!!! You are really filling up my harddrive with yours songs now - this must be near on the 20th I have downloaded. 
So the song - kind of weird timing thing you do every now and again on the drums....I suppose it keeps it interesting but for a chillout tune it throws me off a lil when im just vibing to it.  Maybe just me...
All told wicked piece though!  Could not fault anything else.  Where'd you get the sax sound from, cos its really good!?
#3August 19th, 2007 · 10:05 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
I'm really liking this. Sounds like the cool tripp-hop kinda stuff they play at the Hotbox Cafe (this weed cafe in kensington market in Toronto). The dichotomy of the frantic drum beat and the brass is awesome, really gives it a cool vibe. I like that you kept it realitively simple without too much change. It makes it perfect background music to just chill too and have a good conversation with someone. Only Advise I'd say (And I'm not sure that it would even work with the song) is maybe trying adding just a little bit of distortion to the drums. A slight amount of clipping might ground the beat a little more and ensure its the centre of the song. might also make it sound horrid though.
#4August 20th, 2007 · 09:10 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow love how the time change on the drums personally.Very out the box thinking!
Really Impressive D!!
man that Sax is awesome for sure!!!!!
no critiques from me.
Hi score!
#5August 20th, 2007 · 12:06 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Didnt know you were into the jazzy stuff, Dev.  Nice one!  About time you got around to droppin a new one on us.  I keep seeing the word "chill" to describe alot of your tunes?  Im not getting the chill vibe man. This is grade A get off your ass and dance sh*t!  Keep it coming!  By the way, Spot on, man!  Cant find a thing wrong with it.  Except its too short!
#6August 20th, 2007 · 01:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Surly we are referring to the muted trumpet?? This goes extremely well , ah just listening to it again the sax is at the beginning, still think the trumpet makes it for me.

Change in rhythms very interesting.

Great job.

Denis
#7August 20th, 2007 · 03:55 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Interesting.....
I dunno. I don't like it.....  nope..... Don't like it.....

I LOVE IT!!!! 

This is pretty cool.... love the sax.... yeah.. that is cool...... nice mix......  really cool.... This is definitely different from you.... 

JimK
#8August 20th, 2007 · 07:19 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
excellent  love the  fast tempo percussion with the  two chord  key backing  then the solo stuff has very nice melodies
I like the stuttered beats in there too kinda breaks it up just a bit.   I also like the  one sound not sure what it is ,..
almost sounds like a  cymbal thats been reversed  that just kinda comes outta nowhere  real cool ..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.