#1August 19th, 2007 · 05:53 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Reverie - Debussy

This song is not in a battle

First of the failures. It was suggested that I let BandAmp decide if my attempts did not work.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 20th, 2007 · 09:35 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I'm a bit confused failure in what way?
This sounds pretty decent just some level issues.Volume swells up very hi compared to other parts and it doesn't provide  the dynamics need it.As far as the rendition it sounds like it must have taken some time to put together and that in itself is impressive!!.
More please!!!
#3August 20th, 2007 · 10:28 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Thanks!
I maybe should clarify. The volume swells were an attempt to get the melody of the piece to linger while the piece goes on. I had a sound in my head of an organ like sound which sustains like a feedback loop without becoming overwhelming. Parts of it were excellent, but I did not achieve the unified feeling that I got with "A Little Night Music".
I am fairly OCD regarding how something sounds. The dynamics are the whole reason I classified this as a failure on my part. It may take months of owl time to get close, and I had nearly decided to wait until I could afford non-freeware vst's. Leveling tends to damage the tone color in this softsynth, so I have been attempting to control the vst through the note lengths and velocity controls. I will continue hammering away at this.
#4August 20th, 2007 · 10:43 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Got it
Well still think is pretty good freeware and all!
Cheers
#5August 20th, 2007 · 01:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice classical feel. nice composition, the melody works well

I hope one day you can invest in some quality ochestral sounds, I think it would sound awesome

Denis
#6August 20th, 2007 · 03:02 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Let me clarify
As with some of the others, this is a cover tune. This piece is by Claude Debussy, who is one of the great masters. I did not change the melodies at all, but attempted to preserve them intact. My conceit with these covers is to imagine what the masters would have done with these compositions using synthesizers. I try hard to play games with sustain, echoes and tone color within the constraints of the equipment I have available. I will provide originals as I have the time to pursue them, but this takes even more time.

For the record, I rank Debussy almost as high as JS Bach. He was the first true virtuoso of the Pianoforte and his book of preludes is among the music that keeps me listening full of hope for the future, however misplaced.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.