#1August 19th, 2007 · 07:40 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Heartbeat Symphony
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 9 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-12

Felt like having a proper go at making a dance track a few months ago instead of my usual chilled stuff, and this is the result - not the most comlex tune in the world but got a bit of punch to it if you play it through big, bassy enough speakers. 
Designed really to have lyrics over the top, but have never written any (or had anyone to sing said lyrics, had they been written in the first place).  About 5 minutes long all told, going through a few different stages. 
Hopefully you can tell where the name comes from by listening to it...enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2007 · 10:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,396 posts
United Kingdom
Nice Dance track, I could certainly dance to it.

I think the part up to about the 2 min mark is too long for dance purpose, perhaps shorten it to 8 bars.
The stringed instrument has the right notes, but they dont go with the rhythm, it's very hard to explain how I hear it without playing it.

It really kicks off after 2 mins I like this part best.

You could put a melody line or vox over the top.

Great to see you experiement, you did a great job.

Will Rate

Denis
#3August 19th, 2007 · 01:55 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kob!!
This wicked good!
Don't know where the title is from but dude really well put together!
I like what you are doing with the drums!
Very cool indeed!
Nice too hear your versatility from your acoustic chill music to a more upbeat to an electronica oriented genre!
Many of us have happily join the FL club.It seems to be addictive!(LOL)

#4August 21st, 2007 · 12:08 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments!!
Denis: I had a conffession to make - the first minute or so of the song (up until the bass drum 'heartbeat' section) was originally just me playing around trying to create a track for a movie i was making at the time.  Once I got to the kick drum pumping away something made me want ot turn it into a dance track (you can tell the change from about 1:40 onwards), so I started experimenting from there onwards!!!  But definatley agreeing with you on the Vox, if anyone is feeling it!

Marino - By drums I assume you are talking about the fills or their tone, because the main drums are quite simple ...just your normal dance beat I guess.  Then again with your ears who knows what Im missing 
And the FL club certainly is growing haha!!!
#5August 21st, 2007 · 04:51 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very cool kinda dance trance
I like the way it starts  out..   cool loops... nice use of sounds  cool rhythms   I'm with the other post I like the kicked in part..  cool song good job..
#6August 21st, 2007 · 11:28 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
This is a tough one
Let's get the obvious out of the way first: killer groove, esp. after the 2:00 mark. Problem is, this one seems like two different pieces combined together. Up to the two minute mark this seems like a fairly danceable chill track. When you get to the section at 2:00 it explodes with energy, but doesn't seem to relate to the earlier part of the piece. The point at about 3:40 DOES justify the union of the two, but it is unanticipated. Need some foreshadowing here, not quite sure how to manage that...

You really need a unifying element earlier on in the piece: maybe the vocals starting almost at the beginning, then recapitulated during the later sections. Please don't mistake me: every section is tight and very enjoyable. It is how they are stitched together that needs work. Still, 5 stars from me!
#7November 3rd, 2007 · 07:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Heartbeat Symphony
how did i miss u??????????????
v v v good ....................... fl sequencing..........

wish i could do the same!!!!!

vote high

kersploosh

the fish
#8November 8th, 2007 · 08:16 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I see, perfectly where the title came from.  The heartbeat drum rhythm in the intro and the breakdown.  Good job on this Kobeshi!  Ive heard you say you wish you could do better with Fl but id say you are on the verge of breaking loose man! You've definatley got the vibe. Great trance anthem'ish vibe! Keep it up man!
#9November 24th, 2007 · 10:18 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
25 posts
United Kingdom
Review
Very cool! Love the bass drum sound and the arp riff especially. The string sounds are perhaps a little thin sounding, I would beef them up with some octaves and slap on a bit of chorus. Drop at 2:06 is cool, you could have built it up a little more perhaps though?

Overall a great track, like it!

J.
#10November 24th, 2007 · 10:27 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Malaysia
nice
#11November 24th, 2007 · 11:53 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
yes it does it for me..i am wanting to dance to this..this is like an ambient dance at the beginning,then of course the heartbeat......i like very much...ohhh very nice music ...i love it...Kobeshi The Great..!!!!!...will rate ..high....this would go on Radio one saturdaynight club mix i am sure..x
#12November 24th, 2007 · 04:27 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the comments: don't know why I haven't responded to them all sooner!

Stringbreaker: Yeah, I know what you mean.  I'm terrible for having overly-long intros that then suddenly jump into something different.  You make a good point about vocals bringing it all together.  Now just need a topic, some lyrics, and someone to sing em :P

Jamie: Glad you like the bass - I wasn't sure if it was too powerful or not (if I recall right there are 6 bass drums playing to achieve that sound).  By building it up more prior to the drop at 2:00, do you mean by having it longer, or for finishing somewhere higher with X and Y filters maxed out and holding that for a few seconds...kinda thing?

Fish, MaP, Mars, and Pagans; thanks for the kind words!!!  Keep me motivated (I'm terrible for putting a project down and leaving it for long periods of time).

Kobeshi
#13November 24th, 2007 · 06:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
paganscradle wrote…
this would go on Radio one saturdaynight club mix i am sure..x
This I must agree with, this track is you just want get down to.
Non pretentious good vibes !  
There's a few bits where I would have expected you to play a little more with the 'heart beat' theme.
But then wtf ..... very well taken dude.... I hear where it is was going all along.
Pary on.
#14November 28th, 2007 · 05:43 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Good stuff!
#15November 28th, 2007 · 07:48 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I don't see how someone could dance to the first 45 seconds of the song. After that you could dance to it, but it is barren.Just a few synth with the never ending violin. The heart beat is a cool effect, but that is the onlything redeeming that I can hear.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 20th, 2024 · 8:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.